Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New bike! Plus tyre content
  • muggomagic

Picked up a Stumpjumper carbon comp 6fattie on Thursday.
    I couldn’t make my mind up between the 27.5 and 27.5+, but went for the plus sized one for its versatility in wheel size and the better spec.
    Got out Thursday evening for a ride and it’s just such an easy bike to ride. Can’t wait to get out again Sunday.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

That does look nice.

I’m fairly new to all this + size stuff (still on 26″ come to think of it !) so curious to know if the whole bike is 27.5+ specific, i.e. what’s wider compared to the non+ version (I’m guessing just the tyres/rims ?)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Me likey!

Had a demo on one a while back and enjoyed it very much. May even add it to the shed when if becomes ex-demo. 🙂

muggomagic

This one is an ex demo. I was going to get the orange alu version before I found this one.
    Now I’ve worked out how to open the SWAT door it’s all loaded up with tube, repair kit and pump. Think that’s a great idea.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This one is an ex demo

If you’re in Wiltshire, I might be annoyed! 🙂

muggomagic

DJ, I was riding a 08 Commencal Meta 55. Test rode a plus size bike and it felt amazing, so just had to get one.

muggomagic

You’re ok CFH. I’m a bit further east, towards Brighton.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I meant, is the clearance/BB width specific to plus-sized tyres (as per a fatty), or is there only one size of stumpy, that just happens to take 3″ wide tyres ?

In other words, if you happened to do something like an XC race, and put ‘standard’ tyres on, would the whole bike look daft ?

zippykona

I think all bikes will be like this in a few years.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have to say all the wheel size, fat this plus that has left me cold. Then I this on my LBS fb thread as available for demo, Cube Sterio 150mm 27.5+

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think all bikes will be like this in a few years.

We’ve heard that a lot recently

muggomagic

In other words, if you happened to do something like an XC race, and put ‘standard’ tyres on, would the whole bike look daft ?

It has boost f & r axles and BB which the other Stumpjumpers don’t have and clearance for up to 3.5″ tyres.
    I think the BB might be a bit too low with a 27.5 x 2.3 tyre on, but you could certainly use them. I’ve seen a few on mtbr with a set of 29er wheels and there’s still plenty of clearance and apparently it doesn’t seem to mess with the geometry too much. I’m going to keep an eye out for some cheap boost hubs to build up a pair of 29er wheels.

I have to say all the wheel size, fat this plus that has left me cold.

I was the same. A lbs had a demo day and I just went along not really with any intention of buying so I thought I may as well try something different.

singlespeedstu

Have none of the people that have never tried B+ told you how many punctures you’ll get yet? 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member
    muggomagic

This guy did OK down the same run.
    I doubt I’ll be taking it down any black runs though so it’s less of an issue for me.

[video]https://youtu.be/w6TMA2vI8bA[/video]

singlespeedstu

Ohh you’ve got your first one.
    There’ll be a few more of them along soon with their I’ve seen a video/read something type evidence. 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

He he 🙂

muggomagic

Ohh you’ve got your first one.

I always hoped that it would’ve more special.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New bike! Plus tyre content’ is closed to new replies.