Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • New Bike Pic
  • Mistral
    Free Member

Hi,

I had a fairly big operation late last year and promised myself a new bike when I got out of hospital.

Finally managed to build it up and here it is on its maiden voyage last Thursday.

After years on a hardtail it was so different. Came back though with a big grin on my face and still smiling about it.

Extra points for guessing the trail and view (should be easy).

Cheers

forge197
    Free Member

That looks lovely, as do the hills where is that?

Good to see a new bike shot with it in it’s natural habitat and not against the shed. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks fab; no wonder you were grinning.

theflatboy
    Free Member

congrats on getting back in the saddle and on the excellent choice of saddle (and attached rest-of-bike)! 😮

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Whites level?

forge197
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s whites.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not Whyte’s. Dunno where it is.

Interesting to see you sidestepped the usual garden/patio criticism. So instead, I’ll say that the foreground is a touch under-exposed.

takisawa2

You’ve really let that garden go.

Mistral
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Much further North than that. Your on the right track suggesting a trail centre though.

forge197
    Free Member

Dalby or Grizedale?

chakaping
    Free Member

Reminds me of a pic I took of my old 575 at Ae, it’s not there is it?

Your pic (and bike) is nicer btw, looks very stealth bomber.

Mistral
    Free Member

I was thinking more people stop there after the climb before it. You guys obviously keep going! I only stopped to clean my glasses in that case……. honestly.

Chakaping is warmest suggesting across the border.

stumpy01

Don’t know where it is, but bike and photo look cool.

You’ve managed to give the bike an almost 3d cad appearance that looks great.

Mistral
    Free Member

ha ha @ molgrips.

Still not safe, even with a nice view behind it.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Wise choice Mistral! Is it an 08 or 09??

will
    Free Member

Is it Glentress black route? Sure it is infact 😆

Very very nice looking bike!

rOcKeTdOg

that, my friend, is one awesome looking fun iron, good to see you back

Mistral
    Free Member

Spot on Will! It’s the first climb after the black route leaves the red route.

Mistral
    Free Member

It’s a 08 gizzardman so I managed to get before the price hike.

zaskar
    Free Member

😆

Great background, nice bike and good you’re better.

Which Yeti?

Mistral
    Free Member

Its a Large 575 08 model.

will
    Free Member

Woo Hoo. Great climb that!

I heard that the winner gets the bike? Just a rumor though 🙄

gizzardman
    Free Member

Check the compression tuning on the RP23. If it’s high get it pushed. It WILL transform the bike.

Mistral
    Free Member

Ha ha, Ive still card the cardboard box the frame came in if you want that!

Mistral
    Free Member

Cheers gizzardman. I’m still expeimenting with setings, but to be honest it seemed spot on first time I used it.

Actually you all may know what PSI I should be using in the front. They are FOX 32 140 RLC 15mm. I’m 16 stone fully laden with bike kit. Fox reccomend about 100-115psi but this seems a little stiff even though the sag measures correctly. Maybe I’ve been running my Revs on my other bike a little soft.

Gary_C

Spot on Will! It’s the first climb after the black route leaves the red route

CLIMB? Note chain on big ring…. 😯

Respect….. 😉

Joking aside,nice bike btw.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Just got the same forks on my 07! I can’t believ how much stiffer they are. I had some Revs on before (std 9mm QR) and when ever i took a corner at speed i thought the tyre was squirming. After using these forks for a few hours i now realise it was the forks twisting. The damping’s in adifferent league too. The reason i mentioned the rear shock was because i could never get mine sorted. I’ve checkedc all lot of forums and the general opinion is that the high compression RP23 isn’t good with the 575. Seems luck of the draw whether you end up with Med. or High though. Some 07 came with both, not sure on the 08’s?

Mistral
    Free Member

Yes I did notice that. It wasnt on the top ring for climb I’m sure and I did’nt do it for the picture. I’m still getting used the the Shimano double action gears instead of SRAM so maybe I did it as I was stopping.

Mistral
    Free Member

Yes the lateral stiffness is amazing. I can physically twist the normal QR forks when at rest. Especially noticable at slower technical speeds. I put this down to my size and weight though and just got on with it. With the new 15mm (or traditional 20mm I guess) its a different story and for the first time felt the fork matched my size.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Great pic, welcome back…. Which camera do you use?

gizzardman
    Free Member

🙂 Same here i’m just under 15 stone. 15mm required!!!

Mistral
    Free Member

Just an old Canon Ixus oldgrump08. I’m not a great photographer, just luck and a little tidying up in photoshop.

stufield
    Free Member

Had to show you mine too, tis lovely, i had an op too that kept me off the bike,
    i’m 17 stone and so far I’m loving the pro-pedal.

DSCF4924

nice bike and picture though…

Mistral
    Free Member

Thats a great shot stufield, not to mention your taste in bikes ;-).

We’ve stooped to new lows to justify those new bikes:-)

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Pic’ is closed to new replies.