Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • New bike pic (plenty to mock, no doubt)
  • ChrisL

I now have an Ibis Mojo SL. Very nice to ride, but no doubt claw-out-your-eyes ugly to some.

Please direct any complaints at the gardening to Forestry Commission Scotland.

oldgit
    Free Member

I like these and I'm a lifelong hardtailer. I like the way you can dress them up from XC to freeride?
    I'd be tempted if I ever wanted a susser.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Big thumbs up here. Bit military looking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PJM1974
    Free Member

I like it. I like it a lot.

dickie
    Free Member

Forestry Commission Scotland – Grass needs cutting!!

Very nice – how does the solid perspex disc back wheel compare to spokes?

ChrisL

I'd have preferred it in a brighter colour but it is great to ride. 🙂

Scaling the picture for the forum does appear to have had a strange effect on the rear wheel, though! Especially considering that they're black spokes, not silver ones.

kiwijohn

Lose the seat post, you don't need it.
    Otherwise, very nice.

Paceman
    Free Member

Yummy

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

absolutly stunning bike! lucky barsteward!

ChrisL

All my normal seatposts have massively worn finishes because I move them up and down so much so I'm very happy that uppy-downy seatposts are now available.

amplebrew

I love the matt colour of the frame, think the bike looks fantastic.

I always think that they look like some amazing top secret government military project in that colour 🙂

You must be made up 8)

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Ooh, nice. I'd love a go on one of those. I always thought they'd look pretty cool in a sort of powdery blue colour.

jimmy

thats the one The Bike Chain, right…?

ashfanman
    Free Member

Very nice indeed. And I like that you haven't ruined it with loads of colour-coordinated anodized parts (Lopes link / QR aside). It's bling enough without needing to be tarted up further.

What were you riding before?

trailmonkey

If you're going to have your saddle so far back on that Octopron seatpost, I'll give it a max of 2 rides before you loosen the insides of it and cause terminal scoring of the anodising.

Yes, I am talking from experience not anecdotally.

But your bike looks lovely, enjoy.

ChrisL

Actually I am tempted to get one or two red ano headset spacers, but not for the full stack height. 🙂

The frame did indeed come from the Bike Chain. A lot of the bits came from my Orange 5, which also came from the Bike Chain, come to think of it. I'd never have been able to afford a complete Mojo SL but as I had most of the bits I was able to get away with it. If anyone wants a 20" 2007 Orange 5 frame in orange, let me know – it's for sale.

trailmonkey – I have the same seatpost on my Chameleon. Twice it developed scoring on the anodising. Since it got fixed a third time they seem to have sorted out that issue and it's been working well. All my saddles tend to be that far back on their rails, even with XL frames. 😕

Soup
    Free Member

Best looking bike on here for ages Chris. Very nice indeed.

showerman
    Free Member

same frame here but have dtswiss rear shox forks are dtswiss150 to keep the weight down and full xtr for a full 5" travel bike handles very sweet finished cost of build is top secret so wife does not kill me :oops:, is it the pic or loads of excess cables at the front.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

same frame here but have dtswiss rear shox forks are dtswiss150 to keep the weight down and full xtr for a full 5" travel bike handles very sweet finished cost of build is top secret so wife does not kill me :oops:, is it the pic or loads of excess cables at the front.

Translates to: "I have more money than you". 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

Is that post at riding height?

ojom
    Free Member

Yay! good to see it all built up again.

You can join my new playtoy ibisrider.com now.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Looks nice that. Like what Gaudi would come up with, if he'd designed a mountain bike…

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looks nice, would love one! what is that seatpost?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Zip ties around a carbon tube? A shiny new carbon tube at that???
    Have a word with yourself!

You could probably tie the seat post cable to the brake hose instead.

ChrisL

I met someone with a full DT and XTR Mojo SL at BikeVillage a couple of years ago and it was very light indeed. My Magura Thors however have a full 10mm more travel than your DT forks so nyah. 😛

The worst offender at the front is the rear brake hose I think, which has a fairly funny shape because of the way the pad contact adjusters twist the hose a little.

Is that post at riding height?

It's not at going up hills height. I think it's about halfway compressed.

The seatpost is a KS i900R, one of the ones that [whisper]Superstar[/whisper] import. 5" of uppy-downiness and they seem to have now gotten the seals working right too.

Zip ties around a carbon tube? A shiny new carbon tube at that???
    Have a word with yourself! You could probably tie the seat post cable to the brake hose instead.

Hopefully the ties are at the narrowest bits of the frame so shouldn't rub. The brake hose is above the top tube and between the gear cables so jamming another cable there would be a bit cluttered and awkward. Oh and the carbon tubes are matt, not shiny…

epicsteve
    Free Member

Chris – I'm sure that rides great but it is truely horrible to behold. If I happen to see it up in the Pentlands don't be too surprised if I puke…! 🙂

Having said that I bet it weighs about half what my Enduro does.

ChrisL

Chris – I'm sure that rides great but it is truely horrible to behold. If I happen to see it up in the Pentlands don't be too surprised if I puke…!

I was expecting more of this sort of thing, the look of the carbon Mojos appears to divide opinion. I think you'll be safe in the Pentlands, Steve, I tend to ride my Anthem there (or my hardtail in the winter).

I don't have any remotely accurate scales but the Mojo is almost certainly lighter than the 5, but not massively light. The seatpost doesn't help weight-wise.

Potdog
    Free Member

I'm sure you won't like it, so just send it to me and I'll look after it for you 😀

br
    Free Member

TBH The seats too far back in the rails and it looks a long stem, how much longer is the top tube in the next size up?

ChrisL

TBH The seats too far back in the rails and it looks a long stem, how much longer is the top tube in the next size up?

Next size up? Surely you jest. There is no next size up, that's an XL frame.

The stem is 90mm long, 10mm shorter than the one supplied with the demo bike I tried.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Those Ibis frames look really lovely (although, if I am honest, I like the 'Guinness Foam' paint best)

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Nice bike! a mate of mine has one in the same colour and his Mrs has a white one.Only rode one round the car park,so far.

chameleon78
    Free Member

How stiff are the Ibis frames? I read that they can flex? is this true? Haven't tried one myself but can anyone offer a comparison of frame stiffness to a Blur LTc (which i have tried and found awesome, and stiff)

Bimbler
    Free Member

Have to agree with Soup above, best looking bike on here for yonks, a stunner.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Lovely, must admit my only reservations are the seatpost and cable ties but needs must i guess 🙂

Like what Gaudi would come up with, if he'd designed a mountain bike…

That's spot on. I'm another HT only-er but I do have a soft spot for those. vERY NICE.

Dylan08
    Free Member

very nice mate 🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

How stiff are the Ibis frames? I read that they can flex? is this true? Haven't tried one myself but can anyone offer a comparison of frame stiffness to a Blur LTc (which i have tried and found awesome, and stiff)

I swapped my 2010 SL frame for a blur LTC frame. The LTC feels much stiffer.

If I was wanting a really light enduro'ish bike I'd have kept the SL as it rode amazing – but if you like big drops etc then the LTC would be the way to go.

OP- nice bike BTW – mine was in the naked matt finish too much nicer than the gloss clearcoat of old.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Of all the bikes you've bought Chris that must be the worst 😉 Unless it does mach 2+ and is invisible to radar. Deserves a sleeker looking saddle imho.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Of all the bikes you've bought Chris that must be the worst

Didn't he own one of those horrible Pace hardtails at one point?

jordie
    Free Member

that is a good lookig bike but let down with the Cable ties!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘New bike pic (plenty to mock, no doubt)’ is closed to new replies.