Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • new bike mwwwwaahhhhaaaaaa
  • dasnut
    Free Member

inners and cwmcarn so far, silly fast 🙂

ton

obviously needed for trail centers……….. 🙄

carlphillips
    Free Member

me likey

BoardinBob

obviously needed for trail centers……….

Yes, because there's loads of uplift served DH trails in the wild

Looks shite mate, I am totally not jealous and I bet it rides dog slow!!!!!!!!!!

A ma zing!

forge197
    Free Member

I like that proper DH bikes on DH trails are ace 🙂

Did you take it down the final descent of the red at CwnCarn instead of heading over the roadgap, I know it's normally about the gnarr and the jumps but that final piece of red is stupid quick on a DH bike did it on my 224 and it was just brilliant, worth it for one or two uplift runs.

rOcKeTdOg

Inners and the carn have downhill courses ton

Johnbot
    Free Member

ton – Member

obviously needed for trail centers………..
    Wut??

forge197
    Free Member

ton – Member
    obviously needed for trail centers………..

Not sure what your on about there both centres have an uplift for DH days so what is wrong with a DH bike on a DH day?

kaesae
    Free Member

How much?

ton

rd, i know………….
    i am sure dasnut knows i am playing……….for which i apologise…. 8)

very nice bike mate.

dasnut
    Free Member

parts off my nomad, and accomodating lbs (can you see the crosstrax sticker in that shot?), so not as expensive as you would expect.

and jones from DIRT was testing the same bike (and the mondraker summun) on the day we were at cwmcarn – so top tips a go-go 🙂

gonna get myself in trouble on this one 😉

ton

get some wrist guards………. 😉

MussEd
    Free Member

That is a beaut! Jealous…

dasnut
    Free Member

bionic wrists now ton, so not a problem

how are your rear wheels? standing upto the pressure?

Kit
    Free Member

That is schweet! But are those ergo grips?!

dasnut
    Free Member

yes they are ergon grips – you have a problem with that?

finners

my lbs has one of these built up in the white frame colour. this pic does not do it justice, its is an amazing lookin bike in the flesh. You are a lucky man and i bet it goes like sh*t off a teflon coated shovel!!!!

forge197
    Free Member

dasnut I've been trying the ergon's on a couple of bikes I like them, got a set on my DH bike too.

Crag
    Free Member

Bars look a bit wide for me. And maybe stick a 120 stem on there.

dasnut
    Free Member

you're not wrong crag, I have had too shave a full 10mm off each end of the bars, only 765mm now (30" imperial fans)

jemima
    Free Member

hhmmm… I like that.

Crag
    Free Member

Pedals let it down a bit as well. A bit more effort needed I reckon.

dasnut
    Free Member

yer and the cranks are a bit long, if I am honest. Right I'm scrapping the lot and starting again

.duncan
    Free Member

aaahhh nice. very envious.

el_boufador

she's a looker!!!

radoggair
    Free Member

not bad, and with a few alterations you could probably get it down to about 21-22 lbs??, then you'd really fly 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

That's flipping sex.

And I hate DH.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Love it, love those frames and the white and yellow goes really well. Bastard!

noidea
    Free Member

Very nice,im looking at buying my first DH bike since i have been doing quite a bit on my Alpine 160 recently,this frame is at the top of my list. Keep us updated with how it rides etc once you have a little more time on it.

dasnut
    Free Member

yeah its a confidence builder – did both the big drops on matador (7 and 8 foot) at inners on it, first run down 🙂

(first run down matador that is, not first run of the day)

dasnut
    Free Member

then did them again, just to make sure it wasn't fluke…

kimbers

that is too nice
    i want one!

if only there were more uplifts in this country

infact if only there were more mountains with chairlifts open all summer
    and ideally near london!!!!

dasnut
    Free Member

I am moving to Geneva in 3 weeks 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Did you take it down the final descent of the red at CwnCarn instead of heading over the roadgap, I know it's normally about the gnarr and the jumps but that final piece of red is stupid quick on a DH bike did it on my 224 and it was just brilliant, worth it for one or two uplift runs.

+1 for that and amen – it is wicked fun, super drifty and light in cresting turns.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Very nice,im looking at buying my first DH bike since i have been doing quite a bit on my Alpine 160 recently,this frame is at the top of my list. Keep us updated with how it rides etc once you have a little more time on it.

Noidea – I have a Nicolai Ion ST I am looking to pass onto a loving and caring home. I've had it about 16 months but it's been used only this year and maybe a dozen times in its life. I've just had a baby and can't see me riding DH for the foreseable future so would like it to get the use from someone else.

If you're interested get in touch: greg.turner@me.com and i can give you the spec and pics.

Sorry to hijack the thread – fab bike BTW Dasnut

cheshmatt
    Free Member

Where do you pick up the red for the final descent – further down the road the drop is off? Heading down on Friday, will have to give it a go.

dasnut
    Free Member

hey thread hijacking is cool with me

the red is up the road from the drop off – when you hit the road, go left.

you do miss the ski jump into the massive berm, the big table, the big hip, the wooden bridge drop, then the big double, but whatever floats your boat baby

cheshmatt
    Free Member

Nice one cheers dude, never ridden that red section will give it a try on one run.

And I completely forgot to say – very nice bike!

grtdkad

8) looks real nice 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘new bike mwwwwaahhhhaaaaaa’ is closed to new replies.