Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • New bike – first ride review!
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Finally got round to riding my new bike after illness and some really wet weather!

I know for this price there is a huge range of bikes, but this was my choice after some test rides!

My ride started with a fairly long climb which the bike handled very well, it was actually quite a breeze on the hills.

Once on the flats the 29″ wheels really did gather pace well, and the ride was nice and smooth, with the Fox set up doing a good job.

I dived in to the red route and things got a bit lively! There was a lot of mud, leaves and it was generally quite a slippery trail. The bike did such a good job though. The tyres are excellent, they really do get through the mud well and even when they start to go, there is enough grip to get you out of trouble! It handled the twisty sections with ease, it never felt big and the 29″ wheels didn’t feel too big or monster truck like!

The ride position is really good, and it just makes you want to go faster! I’m looking forward to some slighter less muddy conditions!

Bad points?

The dropper could do with being longer

I may change the bars to something a tad wider (750mm as standard)

Other than that its first ride out wa such a blast!

Couple of pics – if they work!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘New bike – first ride review!’ is closed to new replies.