Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New Bike – Finally Finished
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

after the sneak peak last week it’s done 🙂 Obligatory weight without pedals or dropper post 😉 coming in at 12.69kg/28lb. Under 29lb with the Lev Fitted, 66 Degree Head Angle and 160mm up front.

Shake down ride tomorrow

Certainly turned all the heads while I was finishing the build in the shop this afternoon.

rOcKeTdOg

like that, what stem is it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thompson X5, LBS added the Gold front while I was out….

honourablegeorge

Looks fantastic, that. Nice one.

wrecker
    Free Member

NICE.
    Is that a medium? Mines a large, similarly specced (36 RC2s) but 1×10, XT brakes, ENVE carbon bars, SX wheels. I’ve wondered what it weighs (not enough to actually weight it though).

iolo
    Free Member

That looks really nice.
    What is it?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice. Two rings and double pot brakes? Rather like the gold bit.

Drac

Lovely.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It is medium, decided the 36’s were too much for the riding here – having demoed some 34’s in some very rocky stuff I was convinced. 1×11 would be the only upgrade I’d consider (when XO1 is priced up here) maybe a hope X2 rear….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

iolo – Member – Quote
    That looks really nice.
    What is it?

Santa Cruz Blur LTc (now heading for extinction)

The 2 rings are due to the hills round here and I like the brakes – brakes & wheels came from the old bike.

Plan A was the TR Alloy in Black & Gold JP Special Style but this was a good deal and the colours seem to work. Amazed by the weight really but it does feel light and the spec sheet is fairly good.

wrecker
    Free Member

It is a lovely thing. Did you get a good deal on the frame?
    Where do you live then Mike? I’ve ridden all over the UK with 1×10. In fact, it’s been a revelation and has really improved my strength.
    At 14st6, I couldn’t get on with the 34s especially as I do a few uplift days. They weren’t quite man enough for me.
    I think you made the best decision vs the TR alu. SC carbon is really special IMHO.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Living in Tassie, rode 1×9 with 36 all over Oz and some of UK. Currently not in the shape to do it, new setup is 28/39 so should be good. I’m also better at lower cadence which leads me to run a slightly bigger front ring anyway so 2×10 was the default choice.
    Got a 4 day race in January with some cruisy stages so I will appreciate the choice of gears then.
    I still have a heckler with 1×9 and 160mm 55’s for some gravity stuff and a DH bike will replace that eventually. This was a conscious decision to go for a Trail/AM bike not an AM/More bike.

The deal is a private conversation between me and the man in the shop 😉

robowns
    Free Member

Very nice, i’d get rid of the gold though personally.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Seat angle looks super-relaxed!

Personally I don’t like the colour-scheme but I’d hazzard a guess it rides just fine 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah not ridden properly yet, need to do the fine tuning in the morning before I get out tomorrow.

fathomer

Very very nice!

mangatank
    Free Member

Oh very nice….but…is a bike ever really finished?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

At this point yes 🙂 It’s the first ground up everything as I want it build.

kiwijohn

About time.
    Now bring it down here for a ride.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not until it’s dry – not getting it dirty!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New Bike – Finally Finished’ is closed to new replies.