Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New bike day – Stanton content
  • Shackleton

Finally finised building up my Sherpa next gen 3 last night (minus reverb while I find a longer hose). Longest build ever over 4 nights due to work and family.

Quick spin today to shake it down, feels lovely, definite steel spring to it despite being “only” the 4130 version. Was mildly concerned about the reach being too short but no issues detected so far for the terrain and style it was designed for.

Apart from the slx drivetrain it is a parts bin /ex-Swift build so apologies if any components offend due to wear or colour.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Looks nice,like a bigger wheeled version of my MK2 Slackline.

ahsat

Ace. Really pleased to hear its arrived, and initial ride is good 🙂 Looks great.

weeksy

I love Sherpas, would make a great Zwift bike

Shackleton

@ahsat have you had a date for the 853 delivery yet?

ahsat

They suggested mid-late October when I ordered it. They have now had some tubing from Reynolds according to Instagram, but aware they have a backlog to clear so we’ll see. I’m doing a from scratch build coming from a 26” Soul so taking my time to source other bits in the meantime.

Happy riding on yours. Be keen to see how you find it.

matt_outandabout

Sweet paint colour.

You need someone in to sort out that badly laid hege in your garden.

Shackleton

It is an awesome colour in the flesh. Probably blue, could also be green depending on the light.

The grounds are in a bit of a state since the staff had to self isolate. And tree trunks are much better at keeping the hoipoloi out anyway now that the keeper isn’t about with his gun.

Poopscoop

Lovely, clean, slim lines. I second the colour, looks stunning sat in the sun I bet.

Shackleton

33km shakedown ride today. Still seems great, wanted a complement to my Banshee Prime and it fits the bill. Faster up and along on xc type stuff and starts to feel a bit uppity downhill a bit after the point where the prime comes into its own. Doing a fair bit on the road today it was noticable how much nicer the frame felt compared to my previous frame (wheels and tyres have stayed the same). It also felt nice off road but it is harder to concentrate on “feel” there……

MoreCashThanDash

I keep wondering about getting something in to replace my Mk1 Soul, and a Stanton is beginning to look like a front runner. They are also based even closer to me than Cotic.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New bike day – Stanton content’ is closed to new replies.