Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Bike Day ~ Roadie content
  • P20

New bike to replace my Colnago C40. Had to concede the C40 no longer fitted and was causing pain in my shoulders and neck. This is far more upright!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kF9zTc]Untitled[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Perfect afternoon for a stealthy shakedown ride. 🙂

P20

The C40. Still looked at fresh as this after 18yrs

[url=https://flic.kr/p/512w2h]Colnago C40[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

dannybgoode

I like that – understated, the rear triangle attaches to the seat tube at the correct place and not half way down it and the tubes don’t look like someone robbed a water park. Wheels look decent too and not the sort of rim depth you could land a 747 on.

If I were even to get a carbon job I’d be looking for something along these lines…

Oh and I do like the C40 – lovely thing 🙂

P20

The wheels are being changed to shed some weight. There’s some low profile JRA Map ordered!

racefaceec90

Very nice enjoy👍

Am also very excited waiting for my new bike to turn up (a planet X spitfire road bike).

Have wanted a ti road bike for years but way out of my budget.

I plan on riding it a lot when I get it (and hopefully try and get fitter/faster).

Cannot bloody wait tbh 😀

endoverend

Are you selling the C40? Always wanted one of these classics, looks mint so I’d be interested in the frame if the size is right…

w00dster

Very nice bike. Been out on it yet?
    Tyres look nice and big, 32’s?
    The C40 is a beautiful bike, one for the future for me.

P20

The C40 had been updated to Ultegra R8000 and I fancied buying a J Laverack ti and transferring the kit across but for my pootling it would really be overkill.
    the C40 has gone. Someone on eBay who has always wanted one apparently. Shame to see it go but it it was too small. Beautiful handling/riding bike.

the Orbea is running 28mm and is definitely on the comfort end

montylikesbeer

That is a very tidy bus

Klunk
    Free Member

nice but i see you went for the cheese crank option.

P20

2nd ride out on it today. 1st one was about 10miles to check fit, etc and the longest ride since COVID back in November. Today was also the first ride with its new wheels, wow they make a difference! But 1.4kg lost from the wheels that’s not really a surprise. The bike feels great and achieves the main requirement of fitting properly.

@klunk
    I’m aware of the problems, but never had one fail yet we’ve had some 6 bikes or so with ultegra cranks over the years. Some of those were 6800, but we’ve now got 3 sets of 8000

molgrips
    Free Member

That looks along similar lines to what I got, replacing a 15 year old road bike. The small increases in tech – discs, 11sp, fat tubeless tyres, really comfortable shifter hoods, stiff frame, frame specific mudguards – all add up to a far more pleasant experience which means I’ve had the best and most enjoyable winter on the road in forever.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Day ~ Roadie content’ is closed to new replies.