Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Bike Day (in July…)
  • TheFlyingOx

Been riding a Pronghorn for Aaaages and despite the shitting-dog aesthetics it was a really solid bike and I never really found anything at a sensible price that came close to replacing it. Eventually bought a pre-loved Banshee Prime off a mate and adored it, but at Glentress this Monday just gone I noticed a crack in the top tube so it’s game over. I’ve ummed and aahed and read reviews and checked geometry and prices and today I clicked ‘buy’ on a Canfield Tilt frame in Pearl Night Blue w/Cane Creek shock. Seems to be excellent value compared to the price of other makes at the moment. Going to take everything else off the Banshee. Only problem is the ETA of July…. 😐

weeksy

Needs pics as I have no idea what one is.

I did have a Yelli back in the day.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pics or it didnt happen.  Was is a v3 banshee? (I have a titan)

joebristol

Looking at the Canfield website it looks quite nice -is it wildly cheap by the time you’ve imported it to the UK though?

Quoted as $2300 for the frameset with a Kitsuma Air which looks a good dollar price – assuming that coverts to broadly £1800. Then add 20% VAT and maybe 4% duty plus shipping – £2300 maybe all in?

Still seems an ok price but there were cheaper option for a 130/140mm fs frameset when I was last looking.

TheFlyingOx

So just been back out to the garage to look at the bike minus my BBQ beer addled eyes, decided to sand down the crack to check it properly and it’s actually just an exceptionally deep gouge. Goes from underneath the top tube up and across the weld and halfway up the little seat tube brace mini triangle thing but I can’t actually see an air gap. I’m in two minds now. Do I cancel the Canfield and carry on with the Banshee?

teethgrinder

If it’s a V2 it’s a crack.

This is what my V2 Spitfire did 4 years ago. If the link doesn’t work properly, page 13 near the end.

Banshee Spitfire

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.