Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Bike Day: an earworm to rival Baby Shark
  • stwhannah

Catchier than everything at your kid’s nursery, here’s your anthem for the summer, your earworm for the climbs, and that song that will creep into you …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

New Bike Day: an earworm to rival Baby Shark

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Pop Punk? Are we still in the mid 90s?

charliedontsurf

Aaaaghhh.
    What we have here, concisely wrapped up in a neat 3 minute parcel, is what is wrong with everything nowadays.

The music is disposable sugar coated phoney pop punk. It has as much goodness in it as a can of RadBull energy drink with extra “powerWEE”. Pink pop poison designed to swigged down by unquestioning and irritating American kids.

It’s all retch and no vomit. It goes nowhere, does nothing. Leaves a bad taste, and then straight in the bin.

What would happen if you took the pop band Steps, and gave their kids guitars. This, this is what will happen.

What I really want in my life is more product placement. If the music is crap, and there are a million sunglass product placements… is it really a music video. NO, it’s a bloody advert.

Historians have often asked why the British lost the American War of Independence… whatever the reason, we are now glad we did. Please keep this crap in the colonies.

Joe Strummer…. The world needs you now, more than ever.

Blackflag
    Free Member

^^^ This

tomhoward

I really really wanted to hate this.

I really did.

Maybe because it sounds so much like the music of my youth? I just can’t.

I’m sorry.

matt_outandabout

Still not as good as those class hits of
    “I only ride park”
    “MtB rider Vs Road Rider” – which contains the immortal line about having balls of steel Vs saving 13grammes because mine are carbon…
    And
    “Ferda Girls”

Sandwich

‘I’m [something] and alone, but there’s rubber and chrome

Broke, and jeez Charlie it’s a bit of throwaway fun not the next version of Beethoven (other composers are available). You sound like my miserable old dad and he’s in his 80’s

mert
    Free Member

earworm
    noun
    a catchy song or tune that runs continually through a person’s mind.

Nope, afraid not.

Neither this or baby shark are catchy tunes. Just annoying. Thankfully they are both instantly forgettable as well.

muggomagic

Aaaaghhh.
    What we have here, concisely wrapped up in a neat 3 minute parcel, is what is wrong with everything nowadays.

So true, and I heard that this is the real reason Elsie rides the bus all day, so she can avoid hearing this song.

Drac

Pop Punk? Are we still in the mid 90s?

Parody is new to you though.

NO, it’s a bloody advert.

No flies on you ay?

ayjaydoubleyou

earworm
    noun
    a catchy song or tune that runs continually through a person’s mind.

Nope, afraid not.

Neither this or baby shark are catchy tunes. Just annoying. Thankfully they are both instantly forgettable as well.

I watched it yesterday. enjoyed it (yes, the style is a parody of millenium era boybands). this morning, I have no recollection of the tune whatsoever.

Definitely not an earworm.

Baby shark on the other hand, I just read the thread title and I’ve got that in my head again.

charliedontsurf

@sandwich. I am am miserable old dad from the 1980s… sometimes. I quite like being grumpy.

Sandwich

‘nobbut a youth’ he says as one of the last Boomers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.