Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New bike day
  • montylikesbeer

A while arriving but it’s here now. Just a pootle out so far after getting over a chest infection

oldtennisshoes

Nice – but what’s going on with the seat pack?

slackboy

Good choice of stopping spot – good coffee ahead of you good pizza and vegan shawarma behind you.

Nice bike too.

montylikesbeer

The seat pack is a try out to negate the need for a back pack.

I’m heading out today to do my regular mtb route on it to see how I get on

montylikesbeer

Slackboy: it was just a short bimble down to Rawtenstall from Stacksteads with a right tidy coffee at Syphon on the way

thols2

Did you cruise around to find the ****est garden to pose in front of?

Edit. Actually, I had another look and I see that you found some grass to match the colour of your tyres.

montylikesbeer

My garden is even worse

robowns
    Free Member

Bike looks good mate, nicest Sonder I’ve seen.

ElShalimo

Looks great, I  really like that minty toothpaste colour

montylikesbeer

I’m playing around with the rear mech and am putting an 11-50 on it next weekend then getting out in the Lancashire hills.

I’ve just come off the back of a severe chest infection and need some more in the sock.

It’s a great frame set and the rival 1 group set is silky smooth

More pictures next week

soundninjauk

The seat pack is a try out to negate the need for a back pack.

I use a small Restrap frame bag for that and it’s worked well for me so far.

matt_outandabout

I like that colour. Noice.

Re seat pack – don’t dismiss a good traditional bar bag. I picked up two Altura Klik-fit bags in the onone sale. They’re brilliant things, just about enough space to replace a small rucksack. I’ve added a smaller frame bag too for days I need full picnic 😎

scaredypants

Pretty that !
    That seatpack though – I think OTS is right, it’s the wrong way round (the loop on the back is to go round the seatpost, isn’t it ?)

ogden
    Free Member

What size is it/how tall are you? Interested in them but only mediums up for pre order.

bfw

Chest infection – ride/jog it off

smudgey
    Free Member

Your going to lose that seat pack and when you do don’t come on here crying and say we didn’t tell you. Like people have said its on back to front.

mcnultycop

I’ve had mine a couple of months I think now but never did a “New Bike Day” post. They are such a capable bike.

montylikesbeer

Thanks for the comments folks. The bag has gone on the only way it can I guess.

The bike is a medium with me being 5’ 8.5”

metalheart
    Free Member

Aesthetically, love that the bars angles align with the top and down tubes. Most pleasing. Mint is definitely the best Al frame colour.

But that seat pack, please, dig out the fitting instructions and reattach properly. Shirley there’s straps for the rear of the saddle… 🤪

I personally favour the frame bag option. But then, I have several kicking about so it was easy to chuck one on my Camino…

ogden
    Free Member

The bike is a medium with me being 5’ 8.5”

Were you tempted to go for a Large? I’m 5 10″ and wondering if the medium would be too small.

lillski74
    Free Member

Ditch the seat bag.

Frame bag and bar bags only needed for longer tours and will ruin the look of that lovely frame

Get yourself a Hip Pack. Room for phone, tool, CO2 pump, spare tube and most importantly a Snicker’s

Bottle cage on the frame for pedal juice. Keep the frame clutter down to a minimum …

Back packs are soooo yesterday!

montylikesbeer

Ogden: The sizing of the medium Camino was very close to my old Ribble 7005 which fitted me well (now passed on to a new home), although I was a bit twitchy until I through my leg over it on Saturday and it was just fine.

5-10″ might take you up to large.

lillski74: I hang my head in shame for the seat bag (the fitting and selection in the first place)

mahalo

my first proper pub that!

dove1

That looks very nice. It’s a gorgeous colour and well spec’ed.
    Bars look to be angled up a bit high though. I’d turn them down a bit so the brake hoods are a bit flatter.

nickc

Lovely colour, really don’t like Tan walls, thought they’d be growing on me by now, but they still don’t look right in anything other than a polished Zaskar

jodafett

Get yourself a Hip Pack

Hip Packs are so last year. It’s all about the bar bags this season! (supposedly)

lillski74
    Free Member

I’d certainly use a bar bag on a tour but a bit ott for a general ride imo…

nedrapier

Nice bike! And congratulations on having the 73rd new bike on the forum!

/topic/new-bike-day-73/

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New bike day’ is closed to new replies.