Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New bike day
  • Tracey

Been looking since last year for a S Works Enduro frame and not managed to
    find one in S3. With the intention of swapping out the old Enduro and selling the frame on. Though we may have to wait till the 2021s come out.

Was browsing yesterday and dropped on an Expert S3 at a discounted price and picked it up a couple of hours later.
    First time since 2007 will be running a 36 as our Lyriks have too shorter steerer.

Got a couple of weeks to fettle it before Abigale takes it to the Alps

Can’t wait to get it on the trails

On the basis of one in one out the old one has to go

Colour changes from a deep red through to black depending on the light

matt_outandabout

Is your house an industrial building?

I like the paint, but it looks sooooo slack…I bet it’s faster than me.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Lovely bike. Looks almost as slack as an older Demo.

Tracey

No. Taken outside the shop. Side by side it looks a lot different to the old Enduro.
    I think the paint job sold it. Not sure I can get nails to match 🤔

johnw1984
    Free Member

Looking good that Tracey, The colour is stunning!

slightreturn
    Free Member

It’s just missing SE wheels. Shhhh, I won’t tell graham.

matt_outandabout

I think the paint job sold it. Not sure I can get nails to match

Challenge!

I’ve always said I wanted a red sparkly paint job…

Kryton57

That looks nice. I’d love a nice big thumping FS and the locale to ride it on as I’m always a little jealous of Traceys riding pics, but unfortunately that’d be overkill here in London Town.

oikeith

Keen to hear your feedback once youve got some rides on it Tracy and compare to the Enduro it replaced.

I’m hoping that once the 2021 S works frame and the non S works frame come out last years will be reduced so I can snap up a frame and port my parts across.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That is lovely Tracey! Enjoy.

Tracey

Will let you know how it compares on a like for like trail.

We were struggling finding a S3 frame or bike at any price so the discount was a bonus. Seem to be some S2 and S5 frames about. I think Specialized UK have been fetching stuff in from Europe when they can get hold of it to try and supply the demand.

Wheels, dropper and brakes to get swapped out before its ridden.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Awesome bike. Those pedal really well! Better than some trail bikes!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

very nice – i had a go on one – a proper sworks pimped version and was instantly surprised just how nimble it felt, it still felt very very good pedalling wise, was really surprised dare i say it felt more like a trail bike at first

lower link driven shocks are pretty much the best feeling bike’s ive ridden, enjoy

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m hoping that once the 2021 S works frame and the non S works frame come out last years will be reduced so I can snap up a frame and port my parts across

The trouble is, there is bugger all stock left in the UK, so you will be lucky.

I was on the hunt for a frame, (S4) and couldn’t find anything – had to tap up my Specialized contact & ended up with a full build Comp & sold everything off it to do a frame build. The S-Works & non S-Works frames are identical now anyway & I actually preferred the raw black carbon, so it all worked out in my world (and it ended up being cheap as chips!).

She goes well 🙂

View this post on Instagram

Enjoying the view. Apart from the sh*tty bike in the way

A post shared by Chris Archer (@facelessusername) on

robo89
    Free Member

I wanted that bike for a birthday treat for myself, now they’re out of stock everywhere 🤬.
    Absolutely love that colour, hopefully 2021 model will be even nicer.

Tracey

They did have an S4 in stock, sat on it but the reach was too much for me.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

That is stunning Tracey love the colour.

Tracey

Feed back from Abigales Alps trip is that it climbs well and the rest of the time its awesome. She can’t wait to compete on it.

Going to move on some stuff and got another in aqua blue so we don’t have to fight over it.
    Need to swap some stuff about to get it how I want it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New bike day’ is closed to new replies.