• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Bike Day
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve had my eye on one of these for ages, test rode it at MTBMeetup last summer and was finally able to order it a week or so ago.

Bird were excellent in helping with our C2W scheme, even though it wasn’t the one they use which made it affordable, or to be more accurate tolerable for my anxiety.

It’s as massively long as it looks, I’m a die hard Shimano fanboi but I have to admit Eagle makes my XT8000 seem clunky, I guess I got used to the big leap from 46t to 37t because shifting from 50 down one and I wasn’t sure it had shifted.

I spent too much on fancy suspension I have no idea how to set-up.

It’s as well finished as any ’boutique’ or mainstream bike I’ve ever owned.

It had a turning circle like a oil tanker in the carpark.

The bars are too wide for me, but they have green decals which was important (some how).

Bird

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh yeah, lawn = shocking.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nice.  Valve/logo alignment is good too.

The bars are too wide for me, but they have green decals which was important

If you cut them down will the grips cover the green?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I like the stickers on your spokes.

joebristol

Love it – I so wanted a green 145 but they were out of stock at the time and I’d sold my old bike somwent with Orange as it was in stock!

Looks like you’ve got a great spec – including upgraded wheels and super deluxe shock. Is it a 145 or 145lt?

I found for the first 10 mins turning into corners felt awful, but then shifted my weight forward and it was fine.

You’ll find you’re going a hell of a lot faster than on previous bikes (unless you had something as long / low / slack before) so just take it steady for a while – the things just want to go mentally quick!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Thanks, it’s an LT. I had one for about 20 mins in the skills park at ‘degla feels a lot more planted than my Tracer 275 but going from a medium Intense to a ML Bird is a surprisingly big leap.

Can’t wait to use it in anger.

superstu
    Free Member

personally I miss the more agricultural look of the older aeris, but that does look spot on. Loads of Bird’s at the South West enduro on Sunday, great bikes (as an ex mk 1.5 aeris owner).

daviek

Thats nice!

Ive been looking at these for a while but need to start going out more before i can justify buying it

mark90
    Free Member

Nice build. I’ve just gone from a medium Mk1.5 Aeris to an ML 145, it’s noticeably longer in a good way.

tdog
    Free Member

First full fat bird I like look of.

👍👍

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Day’ is closed to new replies.