Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New bike day…
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Redundancy has its perks…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your candles don’t match.

Nice tyres, though.

Trimix
    Free Member

No dropper post, what were you thinking ?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Your candles don’t match.

Trick of the light. I just double-checked – they do.

Nice tyres, though.

Thanks

No dropper post, what were you thinking ?

What can I say? I’m old school – even went for mechanical gears…

mcnultycop

Very nice

onewheelgood

That’s a lovely looking bike.

rOcKeTdOg

check the BB and rear hanger, we’ve had at least 3 “out of the box” canyons in the workshop with issues. all three had mis aligned rear mech hangers and 2 of the press fit BBs fell out when we were checking for “it creaks” issues due to poor tolerances. both got replaced under warranty but that wasn’t a quick painless experience for the owners.

nice colour though

fathomer

Now that is very pretty!

lunge

Nice looking bike that, needs some Di2 mind.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Rocketdog – thanks. The rear hanger seems fine and I haven’t noticed any creaks (yet).

I’m a 10 minute ride away from their UK service center so I can go and make a nuisance of myself if I have any issues.

kayak23

Nice looking bike but something troubles me.
    The bottom of the frame shows the tyres pretty much equal distance away from the photo edge while the mantelpiece meanwhile slopes considerably compared to the top of the frame.

Do you live on a hill?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Neat ride there, but why have you used a crayon to colour in the front mech hanger bar thingumybob?

Mechanical always wins over flat battery/no shift/lazyboy di2.2v6.1 😛

jonnyboi

Very, very nice. Good colour, good spec too.

Those black speakers are so 1990 though

rOcKeTdOg

I’m a 10 minute ride away from their UK service center so I can go and make a nuisance of myself if I have any issues.

ha, nice one, you can ride up and down outside their window raging if anything does go wrong, which i hope it doesn’t!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The bottom of the frame shows the tyres pretty much equal distance away from the photo edge while the mantelpiece meanwhile slopes considerably compared to the top of the frame.

I agree it is annoying, but such is the world we inhabit, with angles and perspective and suchlike.

Neat ride there, but why have you used a crayon to colour in the front mech hanger bar thingumybob?

Yeah, I’m not sure why that looks like that. There is a red chair out of shot – must be the reflection. I’m sorry.

Those black speakers are so 1990 though

I think around 1995 actually – JBL Control 5s – I lovingly rebuilt them by hand last year. They are great.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh, I’ve just spotted something that makes me want to hurl…

You’ve got…

on it….

(Still, begrudgingly, like it mind. Because you’ve got skinwalls, cosmics, mechanical groupset and I think you’ll enjoy riding it)

Enjoy, get it gritty and wet in the Autumn… 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I’m not sold on disks for road bikes to be honest. Decent rim brakes with decent pads have never let me down. But the bike was a bargain and came with them, plus it gives an option for larger tyres so I’ll live with it.

Poopscoop

Definitely has a nice “purposeful” look to it mate.

Great colour too!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks cool except for those tyres and the massive spacer stack under the stem.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Expected so much more from you David.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New bike day…’ is closed to new replies.