Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New bike day….
  • donkis2032
    Free Member

Well, not new new – I’ve done about 300 miles on it now commuting and general riding. Had a GT Grade before but really struggled to get low enough at the front on it. Totes surprise! So this is a transfer of the kit from that plus a few more roadie bits (Zipp Service course bars, Fizik stem). So far I’m still sorting my position on it but it’s feeling a lot more like my other bikes now which is a good thing.

It weighs about as much as a small planet, in no small part due to the wheels and the whopping bracket to convert flat mount to post for the TRP’s. Not massively noticeable, I’ve got a semi compact and a 12/28 on the back so when it gets hilly I’ve normally got the gears. Its in no way, shape or form as quick as the carbon bikes I have, but then I’m not smashing the wheels to bits on the way to work. It’s reasonably comfy although in part I think thats the tyres and the Ti seat post. Definitely more vibration than a decent carbon frame though.

Future upgrades will be a set of hunt wheels with tubeless ones (I’ve just put the GP4000’s on this in a 28mm so we’ll see how they go tonight). And I might either convert to 1×11 or just go SRAM force 1…

And yes, the garden is horrific. But very green…

lunge

Now that is a proper saddle to bar drop.

However…saddle to match the tape please, and ideally seatpost to match the stem too, thanks.

donkis2032
    Free Member

I know, and don’t think it doesn’t pain me – my reasoning being the underneath of the saddle is white. Or something….Tape will go black next time, I wanted to try SuperKatz and they only had white at the LBS. I won’t be getting it again, its not a patch on Lizard skinz

It did have a Fizik post but that Salsa one cost me so much money I’m not having it sat in the spares box.

As for saddle to bar drop, it doesn’t quite match my fixed. No wonder my back is ruined….

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got a semi

fnarr fnarr

Zipp Service course bars, Fizik stem

Zipp do stems too you know, fizik do stems, bars, seatpost and saddle which is even better. 🙂

That really is a monumental saddle to bar drop.

As for saddle to bar drop, it doesn’t quite match my fixed.

Christ that looks ridiculous, you could ride that in the circus 🙂 but if it works for you!

donkis2032
    Free Member

Right – so I have ALL those bits, in fact I have a full Zipp and Fizik set up, but I prefer that Fabric saddle, the shape of the Zipp bars and the length of the Fizik stem (fnarr). Thats what I’m telling myself anyway, although I’ve always quite liked the Enve stuff…hmmm

The fixed is actually quite comfortable – 30 miles a day commute and no issues yet, even in the drops. However I nearly rode into the back of some temporary traffic lights the other day as its quite a lot of effort to look up when in the drops. Totes surprise!

donkis2032
    Free Member

In fact I forgot, the fixed has gone even more severe since then……-17! Hahahahah idiot!

Although spacers show lack of commitment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New bike day….’ is closed to new replies.