Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New bike – Cannondale Topstone
  • eyestwice
    Free Member

After fighting for a year for c2w with two separate companies, I’m pissed off enough to have just bought something.

I picked up a Topstone 4 for £750, didn’t want to spend any more in case my company suddenly, finally and magically offer me c2w tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Microshift is like when it arrives tomorrow. And the frame/forks should mean I can slowly upgrade over time.

The reason for n+1 is that I need a training bike. I’ve spent a year travelling 30 mins each way to use a Watt Bike when it’d be much easier to just ride around the reservoirs and trails straight from my door. My Remedy is not a fun bike to drag round on such rides. Plus – petrol prices.

So there’s no point to this message really other than to rant at my employers. And hope I enjoy the bike.

chestrockwell

I looked at a Topstone when I got my Trig. Nice bikes, sure you’ll like it.

doris5000

A YEAR? What happened?

I’m planning to use c2w for the first time soon, and I’m rather hoping it will be a lot quicker than that…

dirkpitt74

Waiting for my Topstone 4 to be delivered.

eyestwice
    Free Member

First company would only allow c2w within a one month benefits window. Since c2w is a third-party scheme I was fighting for it to be exempt from the window.

I left before they ever sorted it out.

Second company closed their office during Covid so I’m 100% remote. My contract states that my place of work is (to paraphrase) wheresoever the company may require me to work. I have a subscription to co-working spaces but due to no physical office they think HMRC would be following me on every ride. So they haven’t yet decided what to do about it.

Therefore yeah, about a year in total.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.