Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New bike (but not new bits)
  • ChrisL

My new Giant Anthem X, though the frame is a new old stock 2010 frame and the bits largely came off my previous non-X 2007 Giant Anthem. Built it up last week but today was the first chance I had to ride it. It did very well, I had a blast on it around the truncated red at Glentress. It has the same ability as the Anthem to coax inappropriate amounts of speed out of tired legs and lungs, plus it feels a chunk more confident and less likely to punish you for not paying attention for even the slightest moment.

Please direct gardening complaints to Forestry Commission Scotland, The Peel, Glentress…

Tricone
    Free Member

Holy long seat post big boy! I’m sorry to say it but this bike would look more in proportion if it was a 29er.

ChrisL

It’s an XL, all my bikes end up looking like that. Given I already had very nice 26er wheels and a rather nice fork on the Anthem I wasn’t prepared to get a 29er Anthem X frame and also spring for new wheels and a new fork.

The Anthem X seems to particularly suffer in larger frame sizes because the rear triangle is a constant size across all frame sizes and is pretty compact.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Also ChrisL is made entirely out of legs.

ChrisL

Also ChrisL is made entirely out of legs.

Pretty much, I suppose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New bike (but not new bits)’ is closed to new replies.