Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • New bike build – with a difference. Metalworking content
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Ace – now show him riding the thing!

Lol. If it stopped raining we’d be let out.

spacehopper

amazing!

only just seen this thread… and lost for words.. cant wait to see the riding pics! 😀

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Nothing to say that hasn’t been said … well done to all 😀

compositepro
    Free Member

Could it be a yearly thing where a special bike gets built every christmas

mick_r

Hello all. Finally turned on the computer – very busy doing not a lot 🙂

Looks fab in daylight – can’t believe how much better it looks with all black components and some decent bars, grips etc. I think I’ll be using that colour again in 2012. Say hi to Andrew for me.

Hi Dave – maybe north lakes tomorrow so hopefully no visit to Carlisle A&E. Also got a ride planned for 1st Jan with Paul if that is safe?…. (hopefully can’t hurt ourselves with a sedate jaunt on Torver common).

Already started chopping up a frame for a possible CX project. Maybe I’ll just sneak out for an hour in the garage…….

Vortexracing

hopefully can’t hurt ourselves with a sedate jaunt on Torver common).

lets hope your right.

mick_r

Oh and I forgot to mention:-

Knowing that I wouldn’t accept any payment, Ronan / couldashoulda did a bit of espionage (via mr vortexracing) and discovered I wanted a torque wrench for bike related duties (Alison’s bike has some of that nasty carbon stuff). So it is my turn to say thank you for the unexpected extra Christmas present!

I don’t mind making something again next year – although might start planning a little bit sooner…. Nominations via Chipps I guess.

Sandwich

Fabulous thread. Illustrates the kindness of strangers. My faith in humanity is maintained.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

We finally got outdoors today : what a great success! Andrew is scooting about – he can get moving, get up to speed and can do about 2 left right paddles before he has to use both feet together.

We only needed the saddle really low for about 20 minutes. Then he asked for it to be raised. He also sits right on the nose of the saddle which I’m sure he’ll grow out of. In the end he only wanted to get off as the saddle was hurting!

Medium term I think we’ll move his saddle back and maybe a longer stem.

ps – Handy hint: never leave a new bike indoors unsupervised on Christmas morning. I have some chunks of plaster to repair and skid marks to remove from the floor!

Lastly a hug for STW and all that helped.

mick_r

That just made my day!

Top.Dog
    Free Member

🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

What a brilliant thread.

😀

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Literally awesome. 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Got to be One Of Best Thread On STW Ever.

Even Elf is rendered almost speechless by such thought and kindness and love. 🙂

Those pics of Andrew sum it all up.

Brilliant.

X

Bit dusty in here….

noteeth
    Free Member

That is brilliant.

panzerjager
    Free Member

What an outstanding post, congratulations to all involved, that smile says it all!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice.

Thats the spirit of Christmas right there

cr500dom
    Free Member

Great to see the end result 😀

That smile says it all !!

Big respect to all involved 8)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That is bloody fantastic. High five the next time I see you on a Wednesday night.

talltom
    Free Member

can’t say enough – To all involved parties………….

Bloody good job and it made great reading after a crappy day!!

P20

Like others I’d seen this thread earlier on, but hadn’t seen the end result until just now. Those two pics sum it up perfectly. That’s brilliant. Really made me smile. Top effort guys

jameso

Mick, I don’t know how I missed this thread, or if I glanced at it and didn’t take in what it was about then apologies, as this is not just a really cool bike that’s been built but one of those really great things that people and bikes can do. Top job )

roblane65
    Free Member

That’s a super thread.IT looks like just the thing for my autistic son,he’s 17 and 5,8″ I bought him a fixed cog trike but he just doesn’t get on with it.That really is good and I wish the lottery numbers upon you,well done 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Andrew looks like he’s having big fun. Good stuff.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection batman! In a nice way cr500dom 🙂

I’ll post an update with some details tomorrow.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

A great bunch of lads 😀

well done!!

ontor
    Free Member

Bravo!

takisawa2

Give it a few months & he’ll be wanting a Ti 29er version.

Possibly one of the best threads I’ve followed on here.
    11/10.

frogstomp

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

It was nice to see this getting resurrected!

Anyway some updates since Christmas:
    – Andrew’s not got out on the bike much since, what with school, dark evenings etc. But he’s well chuffed that there will be 5 bikes on the back of the camper van this year. He’s got plans for the summer and is talking of getting a pedal bike (possibly getting ahead of himself a tad! ).
    – His confidence in balance / co-ordination has taken a real boost. He’s due back in Scotland later this month for some more skiing lessons.
    – Mick and his family were on holidays in Dumfries and Galloway so I popped down to meet them and did a couple of laps of Drumlanrig. Truly nice people. But far too fit and fast on bikes to be allowed out with me 🙂
    – I was meant to do a write up for Chipps over Christmas – but didnt get a chance and then I put it on the long finger. I’ll put that right shortly.

Anyway – thanks again to all involved: it was great and the result makes it most worthwhile.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Skiing too? Double awesome!
    🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Skiing too? Double awesome!

I know – thing is nobody tried to force him to learn it when he was young so he’s got an open mind about trying it. And it turns out he’s ok at it! Oh and all his mates go on a school trip every year – so that’s the incentive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think I speak for all from the ski/snow board thread when I saw, “Wooooooohooooo!”

Brilliant, utterly brilliant.

santacruzyork
    Free Member

iv just read this thead from start to finish and iv welled up !!!!
    well done to all who is involved :0)

scruzer
    Free Member

This has dipped my radar too! An absolutley fantastic story and one that is indicative of why were are all passionate about out hobby. Great to see so much interest and good will. Here’s mine and hope its not too late: Well done all and to Andrew, “welcome to our world and I hope you get as much fun out of riding your bike as I do with mine!!”
    Enjoy

mick_r

Been trying to avoid forums in favour of getting stuff done. However some things need a bump!

Ronan / couldashoulda – how is the young chap doing? Any mods or improvements needed?(I’m always happy to help) The ride at Drumlanrig was great – so good to meet you after all the emails. Not been riding much recently so getting slower by the minute…..

New 29er framebuild has started – will be my “Alpine” bike for summer so has some “huge” 100mm forks and at least 3 gears :-). It currently exists as a curved seat tube, recently attached to a bb shell. Soon to grow into a frame…..

Roblane65 – I’ve dropped you an email.

Mick

mangoridebike

BUMP 🙂

Any chance of an update on how Andrew is getting on?

mrphil
    Free Member

Wow!

What an amazing thread!!!

sas78

Awesome thread indeed, haven’t seen this before and it’s just superb.

sas78

Edit- Double post – it was that good!!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘New bike build – with a difference. Metalworking content’ is closed to new replies.