Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • New bike – Blur LT, Bandit, Mega TR … Strive?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

funkybaj stop deliberating and pull the trigger 😀

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Definitely a large. I’m 5’9″ and in Transistion sizing that puts me to the very top of the Medium sizing, large starts at 5’10 and my medium Covert is perfect. Just go for it. It’s a great bike and will not disappoint.

mrhoppy

Large is the right size for you, I bought mine blind was going to test ride but bought it instead.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sizing on bikes is not just about height, it’s arm & leg length etc.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Check this out but based on your height at 6’0 funkbaj its defo that you would need a large
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/2013/Bikes_Bandit26_1.cfm

Euro
    Free Member

Stumpy Evo? I’ve the 2011 expert version and it’s fantastic. I had looked at the others in this category (loads of very good bikes) and the evo was top of the list for the types of riding i do (a bit of everything). It replaced my minidh bike as my only FS and it copes with dh trails pretty well. It jumps well now i’ve adapted to an air shock 😆 and is fantastic on rough stuff, through corners and flies uphill. It’s a really fun bike to ride. I’ve no idea how you ride, but my riding would need to improve dramatically for it to be not enough bike.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Evo looks a great bike, but after two Specializeds in a row I want a change.

So … I’ve pulled the trigger on a Bandit! Found a large in yellow, should be here next week 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just pulled the trigger on the LT 🙂

funkybaj
    Free Member

Ha, nice, I did really enjoy the Blur, great bike.

b45her
    Free Member

just pray it’s not a creeker like my LTc was, also if it has the collet type pivot bolts get them out and lubed every couple of weeks or they WILL seize followed by santa cruz refusing to sell you the 1 bolt that strips and insisting you buy a 120 quid pro-pack 😕

fudge9202
    Free Member

funkybaj you wont regret it!! ENJOY stick up some finished pics

daveh
    Free Member

Picked my large lemon/lime bandit up today. Its a really nice colour in the flesh, all the piccys just make it look yellow but its more a pearl yellow/green. Tell me, is the correct Hope headset the integral 44 top and integral 56 lower (for tapered forks)?

funkybaj
    Free Member

Same as mine, not having seen the colour in the flesh I did wonder why it was named Lemon Lime.

Can’t wait to get it now. Need to go part shopping next.

daveh
    Free Member

You’re in for a pleasant surprise!

funkybaj
    Free Member

Wowsers! It looks amazing in the flesh, so glad I went for the Lemon Lime, there’s a lovely green tint which doesn’t really show in pictures.

Just need to get a few more bits and build it up. My first attempt at a self build so will take my time … it can’t be too hard though, right?

daveh
    Free Member

Didn’t I tell ya? 😉

First ride yesterday on mine, its a cheeky little monkey, a bike to bond and grow with as opposed to just get on and point and shoot.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Bit of an update … finally got the Bandit built up, it’s 90% there but a few bits and pieces to tidy up and finish off.

It’s only been around my garden so far but it feels great, full showdown at the weekend to see what it’s really like. Definitely needed the large, the top tube is small and my 50mm stem feels a touch cramped at the minute compared with my Stumpy.

Thanks to all those who recommended one 🙂

zelak999
    Free Member

Niiiiiice build!

mindmap3
    Free Member

That looks lovely. Bet you can’t wait to get out in it.

I demo’d a Covert which I liked apart from the way that the the ali one looked in large. Yours hides its size better due to the shock being mounted higher up in the frame. The Covert was really playful though, more so than the Rune that I bought.

wrecker
    Free Member

She’s a looker! 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Top tip. Check the clearance between the front mech and the chainstay before riding “properly”. Looking at the way yours is set up, I’m pretty sure the mech will hit the chainstay at full compression. Mine did. I’ve had to mount the mech quite high. It looks a bit odd but shifts fine.

Looks ace. Here’s mine

funkybaj
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip stilltortoise, I’ll check it out later to make sure all is OK, I set it only a couple of mm above the larger ring so it may well do.

What mech is yours? Mines a 2×10 SLX.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It was meant to be 2 x 10 SLX but they had no stock so I got a free upgrade to XT.

Let me know how you get on

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘New bike – Blur LT, Bandit, Mega TR … Strive?’ is closed to new replies.