Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New bike arrived today all nice and clean.. for now! (PICS)
  • downs523
    Free Member

so my new Orange 5 in neon green arrived today, took 3 weeks for delivery which was ok. This is my first full sus bike, i set the sag settings for the shock and fork and took it for a spin and it feels great… so much different to my old hardrock pro hardtail!! was funny when i tried to pull a wheelie and the rear shock just sunk in and i looked lame lol!! anyways a few pics below, neon green is much more “in your face” in real life :):):) happy

PS seat post was raised before riding 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Remove the pie plate, and how close do you run your levers to your grips?

Looks good though, nice job with the cables 😀

downs523
    Free Member

no idea what u mean by pie plate lol and i have small hands 🙂

monogramman
    Free Member

Very nice, love the colour.

If it was mine I would get some straw like tube to cover the exposed bit of cable along the top tube.

Not thought about 2×10?

monogramman
    Free Member

pie plate – clear plastic behind cassette?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

By pie plate i think he means the clear plastic disc behind the cassette
    Edit-too slow

allthepies
    Free Member

Nice BTW.

RealMan
    Free Member

The plastic disc behind your cassette that doesn’t do anything. Not like the lever itself in terms of reach, but where you mount it on the bar.

donsimon
    Free Member

Green frame looks good, yellow valve caps don’t

downs523
    Free Member

ok so far hint and tip wise

remove plastic thingy
    change yellow valve caps
    think of 2×10
    cover exposed cable on bar…

any other ideas?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Looks good

If the valves are presta then just remove the valve caps completely, they’re not needed at all.

tinribz
    Free Member

Get some decent shifters?

Buy xtr and box the old ones for if you sell it, the xtr ones will last you 10 years.

totalshell

now get a new radiator and somebody to re do the piping and you ll be as smug as ..

KonaTC

I like it 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good tyre choice.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ooh white detailing-velly rice and yummy.

racefaceec90

very nice.i approve of the colour,as my duster is a fluro lime green also 🙂

downs523
    Free Member

now get a new radiator and somebody to re do the piping and you ll be as smug as ..

Yes mate def need new rads and pipes!! But chose to spend my cash on this bike 🙂

br
    Free Member

move the brakes inboard

gator
    Free Member

looks very nice 😉

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Nice bike 🙂

What size is it, 16 or 17″?

downs523
    Free Member

What does moves the brakes inboard mean? Also it’s a 17″ frame mate

creamegg
    Free Member

I think he means move the brake levers further into the centre of the bars so that their in the ideal position for one finger braking. It’s a personal preference though but it does allow you to grip the bars better when you brake. Brakes are so good these days that you only need one finger to use them. Does take a ride or two to get used to though

cp

As above, I’d be tempted to swap the gear lever position with the brake levers. It means you pull on the end of the lever which for a start means more mechanical advantage, but also means you just need to use one finger to brake & the rest of the hand can be holding onto the bars for better control on rough stuff.

The plastic disc doesn’t do anything unless your shifters are incorrectly indexed and/or the ‘low’ limit screw on the rear mech is set incorrectly. Next time you have the cassette off, just whip it off…. Or cut it off now! They just end up looking dirty and manky.

cp

Ps, very nice bike!!!

chubby_monk
    Free Member

What creamegg said. I’d never considered it until I let my friend borrow my bike and he moved them. I really love the new position. Feels loads better – only weird thing was the shifters not being where you’d expect, but got used to that pretty quickly

Bike looks ace, btw.

flatfish
    Free Member

Do you normally have your pizzas delivered under the door?

chubby_monk
    Free Member

>Next time you have the cassette off

That would be almost never for me then

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New bike arrived today all nice and clean.. for now! (PICS)’ is closed to new replies.