Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New bike arrived! Any suggestions on rides in Yorkshire? I am looking for a cert
  • Premier Icon bootsonthegrounduk
    Free Member

A good trail maybe 15 mile-ish. Looking for a good single track that goes over moors, farmland, woods, I never liked bike parks with stone gardens and constant turning they are boneshakers and not my thing, I prefer the adventure and being out ‘there’. I also have a Garmin Edge 530 so any GPX would be awesome.

I live in Leeds uk, I heard Harewood house has some good trails. I was a very keen mtber some 8 years ago but having borrowed an emtb I was hooked again. My Haibike all MTN 7.0 2021 just arrived so keen to get out there.

Any suggestions appreciated. Will be documenting my first thoughts and journey back into it, if you would like to watch me get back in the saddle – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P-2JZnbyzM

Premier Icon tomhoward

Whereabouts in Leeds are you? There’s plenty of local stuff.

Premier Icon trumpton
    Free Member

Have a look on trailforks.it should be preinstalled with your device.not sure if you need a sub though but it’s cheap at something like 20 pounds a year.

Premier Icon willjones
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with the Harewood/Meanwood loop. It’s convenient for me to start at Roundhay park. E bike? 2 laps! https://www.strava.com/activities/3322814209

I used to extend this to the North East out past East Keswick/Sicklinghall/Netherby if you want to add some distance. Not got the route on Strava though.

Premier Icon willjones
    Free Member

oops wrong topic… carry on.

Premier Icon bootsonthegrounduk
    Free Member

I did a ride recently around the back of Leeds Bradford Airport but it was ruined by Stiles. Having to lift bike over them is like lifting 30k on one shoulder while doing a step up with muddy boots on. After the 6th one could hardly lift the bike.. one of the downfalls of an ebike.

Even broke the mic off my osmo 🙁

Premier Icon bootsonthegrounduk
    Free Member

Thanks will, Will have a look at that route.

Premier Icon pacemaker75
    Free Member

I’ve just moved out of North east Leeds but am still within half an hour or so.

The Harewood loop is a reasonable ride plus plenty in the dales. I’m another ebiker (Giant Reign E) and would be up for a getting out most weekends if you want.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.