• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ogri.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike and first ride day
  • pimpingimp
    Free Member

Had a very busy year this year with a house move and the busiest work year I can remember, I built a Sick Wulf up last December and rode it 3 times… not ideal. I felt the bike was ok but didn’t inspire me to ride so sold then frame a few months back, then I noticed a growing trend of people on here buying Birds.

I’d heard of them, a friend had a Zero a while back which was a nice looking thing so I thought I’d check them out, then discovered they were one of the few brands doing sub £2k frames and figured they were the one for me.

I went with an ML Aether 7, I’m 6’ tall but I’ve always preferred playful and “poppy” bikes so felt this made sense compared to the L. Today we’ll find out because I’m off to FoD to blow the cobwebs away.

Only likely upgrade any time soon is a Novyparts damper because I have moco in my Yari’s and I’m just used to better… will see how they go today.

Anyway, hopefully the photos load.

Bike

Same Bike

And because I know you’re all obsessed with garden quality, this is the worst part of mine.

Where the weeds grow

This thread is basically in honour of Weeksy, I’ve never met the guy but I enjoyed his thread, it’s probably what made me order the frame. I won’t be updating the way he did because I’m generally too busy to ride even 10% as much but also I’m pretty “set and forget” because whilst I’m not bad at riding bikes I know for damn sure it’s my fitness that let’s me down more than anything else – and if I’m too lazy to work on that then what’s the point spending more money on anything else?

Breakfast shortly and then I’m off, cannot wait!

kayak23

Very nice!
    Nice job on the restrained accents. Looks classy.
    Have a great first ride. First rides are the best!

Your sheep want shearing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nice bike!

New bike day here today, Rail 9.8 due this afternoon! 🙂

hooli

Nice, love the raw finish birds.

singlespeedstu

Nothing beats new bike day.

Rail 9.8 due this afternoon!

Lazy fat ****. 😛

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lazy fat ****. 😛

Haha! See ye soon fella!

matt_outandabout

/1970’s on

She’s a classy Bird

/1970’s off

(And what the heck is going on in your garden?)

kimbers

Liking the purple bling!

re the Novyparts, I rate mine, but make sure they get your weight etc, Id like less HSC on mine but sending it back to France is a pita

sharkattack

Nice looking bikes these. Probably top of the list when my Mrs wants to start riding again.

I think her ideal size trail bike will be my ideal size jibbing bike. Would be nice to have one for bike parky, jump trails and stuff.

DougD

My raw Aether 9 (with red headset and seatclamp) arrived a month or so ago, I think they really do look great, it’s absolutely awesome to ride too.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Had a superb morning up at pedalabikeaway today, met a mate and a mate of a mate up at the top of GBU, spent a few hours sessioning and getting used to the bike, all jumps cleared on the second go once I was used to it – it goes well!

Also had the privilege of seeing Katy Curd breezing through the jumps at the bottom whilst filming on a chest cam and commentating what she was going over – it was an eye opener to see just how easy some people find this sport!

Hurt my back casing the first step down at the bottom of GBU which still hurts like hell, but we carried on and did the little drops in the skills area where I finally cleared the drop/gap over the fire road.

But now I’m home, and I feel about 15 years older with my lower back pain! Sucks to be old (38!)

mattyfez

Nice bike but your garden is a bit embarrassing.

C’mon! Some one had to say it!

pimpingimp
    Free Member

I purposely chose that area to take the photo in because I know what you lot are like, we only moved in 4 months ago and we’ve got enough to do with the house – the front is nice though.

The first two photos are next to our stream, the third is on the site of a greenhouse we removed 2 days ago. Next time I’ll take one down by the apple trees where I’ve cut the grass!

ogri
    Free Member

Glad you managed to clear all the jumps on GBU bar the one.I think you were lucky though as Bird bikes can make one a bit “Crashy” according to one of the members here.
    By the way,38 is no age at all,I arrived back from BPW a few hours ago (no queues for uplifts) and my neck feels as if its been injected by a rogue dentist.Just turned sixty.

The garden is going to be grand once you’ve finished,lovely spot.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike and first ride day’ is closed to new replies.