Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Bike!
  • adamthekiwi
    Free Member

Hey folks,

Well, as you all get ready for winter, down here in Wellington we’re… well, shivering and cowering from howling gales and pissing rain. Still, there’s been enough sun to get the new bike out for its first fettling ride so I thought I’d share a few photos.

This project has taken a long while since its first conception – a fully custom Ti hardtail. I had to learn a lot about frame geometry, but it’s definitely been worth it. Thanks go to Andrew at spanner.org.uk for helping to provide the motivation, @dovebiker and @big_scot_nanny of this parish for answering my dumb questions and Sumi at WaltlyTi for dealing with me so patiently. So, here is ‘Slacker’:
    Slacker
    Slacker's first ride
    Slacker

33tango

Pics or it didn’t happen 😜

creagbhan
    happybiker
    Free Member

Nice, what geometry did you go for?

big_scot_nanny

Adam, great to hear! What was your process for deciding on the geometry in the end? Happy with everything?

We need to see pictures!

adamthekiwi
    Free Member

Aaah, bugger.
    Slacker

Can’t get images working.

tomhoward

20191203_203557

(Copy and paste the link from Flickr, that’s all you need to do)

adamthekiwi
    Free Member

Thanks @tomhoward – I thought that was what I was doing. Ho hum.

@big_scot_nanny
    : I did a compare and contrast of the raw figures with bikes I liked the look of or had ridden and knew I liked, searched for opinions on here, did a *lot* of reading and then used rattlecad to check that my figures produced a frame that at least *looked* OK. Then I bit the bullet and sent them to Sumi. We had several iterations of working through their drawings.

I’m blown away by the quality of what they’ve produced. The welds are beautiful. I’ve not done a lot of riding on it yet – but, so far, it feels awesome. Climbs incredibly well and feels like it’s dying to go down really steep stuff!

adamthekiwi
    Free Member

@happybiker = the highlights are (built around a 150mm Pike 29er):
    Head angle: 65 degrees
    Seat angle: 74 degrees
    Reach: 475mm
    Chainstay: 430mm

AlexSimon

Good stuff – must be immensely satisfying to ride your own bike design (as long as it’s good haha)

big_scot_nanny

It looks like an absolute ripper, brilliant job. I’m too fat to get away with bold colour choices, so a bit envious of your magnificent effort!

Now, get ragging it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Bike!’ is closed to new replies.