Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Bike!! (29er Titanium Content)
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Evening..

I am very very happy with this bike, so just though I would show it off 🙂

Anyway, it is a custom titanium frame made by Porter at XACD. I used the Specialized S-Works 29er Geometry, exactly as it was on the website. The frame came in at 3.6lbs. Which i think is pretty wicked for a 29er.
    Forks are RS Recons just for the moment, got some rebas on order, but waiting about a month for those. The Recons are a good fork, but not quite light enough for my weight weenie side 8)
    Wheels are Hope ProII on DT Swiss X470 again built up really nice, bomb proof wheelset, but I am waiting for a pair of AM Classic 29er wheels, purely for the weight and bling element. And because i love the MTB 26’s I have on the normal mountain bike.
    Then the groupset, its full XTR M980 with the race brakes. (Apart from the cassette which is Ultegra) So far very impressed with this, the shifting is perfect, and the brakes are great. Only downside i have found so far, is the levers are very small. Took some getting used to.

Anyway, a picture –

I will now let you all find things that are wrong with it 😛
    Josh..

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

How’s it work with the spacing being different on the Ultegra cassette to an MTB one?

ds3000
    Free Member

Very nice indeedy, probably need to run it SS though. 😐

rOcKeTdOg

love those XTR chainsets, X470 rims are great, got them on both my 29ers

it’s crying out for a custom head badge

p.s. a cable has escaped from the conduit on the wall

handyman153
    Free Member

SpokesCycles – Member
    How’s it work with the spacing being different on the Ultegra cassette to an MTB one?

It seems to work fine. No problems as yet anyway.
    I haven’t ridden it in any really muddy conditions yet. So can’t tell for sure.

And i’m not sure on the SS, gears are just easier 😆

Clink

Very nice. Specialized 29er geometry is sorted so should handle well. 😀

epicyclo

Looks fine.

How much clearance have you got with those tyres?

And because i love the MTB 26’s I have on the normal mountain bike.

It’s 29ers that are normal. 😉

I keep looking at XACD.
    You weren’t tempted by their matching titanium ‘bars, stem and seat post then ?

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Hi Josh,

Nice one, 29’ers seem to be very popular at the moment with people getting frames made by XACD – I’ve just featured someone else who had one done over on my blog: Spanner Bikes

I’d like to add your bike to the gallery too, can I drop you an email later in the week?

Cheers,

Andrew.

big_scot_nanny

bling-tastic! Very clean, very nice. looks real fast and should be a blast to ride, have fun! 😀

Kev

kaiser
    Free Member

would you mind revealing how much the frame set you back ?

handyman153
    Free Member

Epicyclo – There is plenty of clearence. Works fine.

You weren’t tempted by their matching titanium ‘bars, stem and seat post then ?

Nahh, didnt think the bars and stems looked that good. I thought they might be abit on the flexy side.

PushBikeRider – Andrew, feel free to drop me an email. Just looked at your site, some interesting bits on there.

Kaiser – I dont mind saying at all. Frame with shipping to the UK came to around the £600 mark. I didnt pay import duty, so it could have been more.

Thanks for all the comments.
    Josh..

MarkJones950
    Free Member

Just to let people know, it looks even better in the flesh.

Very very nice build, and it rides great.
    Seems like a good price for what the bike it. Might look into the XACD thing myself.

Cheers
    M

Starrman28
    Free Member

Very Nice.. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Bike!! (29er Titanium Content)’ is closed to new replies.