Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • new bike 29er contents
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

finally brought a new bike yesterday thanks to a bigish tax rebate been looking for around 6mths and started off looking at 130mm 26ers then moved onto looking at 140mm 650b’s then last Saturday wandered into my lbs,and there was a Trek fuel ex6 29er in the racks,now must confess I have allways been a bit non plused by 29ers but had decided not to dismiss any bike from my search.
    Had a good chat with Paul the owner and had a quick test ride,went away to do some research online,went back yesterday had another test ride and put down my hard earned rebate(lol),first impression from test ride and quick spin round the block I had yesterday it’s quick,even with me onboard,and there is a lot of B.S spoken about 29ers and there pro’s and con’s(I suspect this applys to all wheel sizes and which side of the fence your on).
    Off for a long first ride this morning so i’ll report back later(riding with my brother who isn’t a 29er fan so should be interesting) 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Which colour, I love the pseudo polished one

benji
    Free Member

Enjoy, and i’m guessing you have found that they can actually turn corners despite what most nay sayers want to spout.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

well back from my ride what can I say,it’s quick my god it’s quick kick hard on the flat,uphill or down and I was pulling away from riding companions and some what leaving them behind which with me onboard was a bit of a shock 😆 as for the don’t like going round corners what a load of old **** went round the same tight twisty speeder bike woodsy corners that my old 26er did and I couldn’t tell any difference 🙂 just got sort out the contact points how I like them and I think i’ll be and even happier bunny

rocketdog – it’s the ano black with orange/red high lights.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘new bike 29er contents’ is closed to new replies.