Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Bern Allston helmet looks awesome imo
  • chowmein
    Free Member

As a MTB rider who commutes on a road bike I am always on the lookout for the do it all lid. Maybe a helmet for road and one for mtb is the way to go, what do you think ? I don’t think the visors offer very much for MTB, doesn’t work as a sun visor and vaguely useful for bashing branches out of the way. I think you get a little more protection around the base of the skull with a MTB helmet.

Really, something that is light, comfortable and airy is the priority for me. Oh and I want something that looks cool. sad I know. anyway that brings me onto the new bern. I think it looks great and is quite light. Anyone tried one ? Don’t seem to be very available in the UK yet

Allston

getonyourbike
    Free Member

😯

plus-one

I’d rather a head injury !!!!

annebr
    Free Member

that sure is special 😕

chowmein
    Free Member

srsly, you guys have got no taste. ok ok it might be me with the bad taste 🙄

ads678

What’s the little jockey style peak all about?? I’m 37 but I didn’t know I was that out of touch, is that what the kids are wearing these days? 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nasty. Just plain nasty.

wwaswas

What’s the little jockey style peak all about

looks like you have a roadie peacked cap underneath.

Will keep rain out of your eyes too so some practical benefit.

orena45

I reckon if you had that, you’d end up being chased by Arnie or Sigourney pretty soon

zilog6128

And then OP’s next post would be something along the lines of, “wow look guys, I’ve found somewhere in the UK you can get these from!”

except this thread’s not gone quite the way the astroturfer OP expected…

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Wow thats ugly, 380g or thereabouts as well, quick google check reveals they are on sale for £75 in the UK. So ugly, heavy, pricy. Clean sweep.

kimbers

kayak23

Beauty is in the e………… nah man, that’s hideous!

hammyuk
    Free Member

chowmein – Member
    I think it looks great and is quite light.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Bern Allston helmet looks awesome imo’ is closed to new replies.