Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New Banshee Rune & Titan
  • oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Very tempted to place an order blind! Loved my spitfire, was just too short. NEW KS link looks very well thought out and more importantly tested.

Generally looks like it could hit the sweet spot for the fun/plough balance of big 29ers. Geo and adjustment almost looks made for mullet-ing as well.

Coil-compatable to boot!

Warning- extremely provocative aluminium content!

https://www.bansheebikes.com/titan

chiefgrooveguru

They look great don’t they?!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The Titan is too much bike for me.

Maybe the Prime will be re-worked, in which case my replacement FS is probably assured!

scruff
    Free Member

The v3ness looks great. Hoping I have the cash for a v3 Spitfire if /when it happens.

pedlad

Oooo v nice – I tend to scoff when people blindly buy the same brand of bike without properly looking at the wider market, but seeing those I could well be tempted by a shorter travel version when it becomes time to replace the spitfire.

Shackleton

Had hoped that the Titan would be a new Prime to replace mine. Not sure I need near DH levels of travel but bring out the Prime in a similar format and I’m sold!

cardo

Love my Spitfire, was really struggling to think of the next bike and plan for the future… The Rune and Titan are now on the list… Cool.

teethgrinder

The Rune looks lush, but I’d baulk at paying £2200 for a frame/shock/headset. Especially if it still only has a 2 year warranty, after my 2016 Spitfire snapped like a twig.

Shackleton

I think banshee still do lifetime crash replacement? Do many brands do lifetime warranties? Hopefully the tevised Prime, etc will come with a cheaper shock though……

My phantom was £1350 frame with monarch shock in 2014 and I though that was stupidly expensive!

tdog
    Free Member

To those wanting a shorter travel version of that kinda thang look at Knolly Fugitive /Lt

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yeah agreed these look grand.  Love the raw , but would of liked a factory x2 for that money. not that kasmina does anything mind. Would most likely change for coil anyhow

. Antisquat figures look grand! what is the warranty?

Goes on the ‘potential’ list!

pedlad

So no cane creek option? The one that came with my spitfire is amazing.

GavinB

They haven’t done Cane Creek as an option for a while now on Banshee frames – certainly, when I got my V2 Prime it could only be supplied with a RS Monarch Plus.

The Titan in raw looks amazing, and I’d imagine would be an absolute riot. I’m questioning whether I’d actually need a bike bigger than the Prime though, so perhaps I’d hang on for a V3 Prime if/when that comes out.

Sui
    Free Member

GavinB

Subscriber
    They haven’t done Cane Creek as an option for a while now on Banshee frames – certainly, when I got my V2 Prime it could only be supplied with a RS Monarch Plus.

my crash replacement came with a Monach, which frankly is a pile of pooh, so the CC went back on.. Probably not supplying them anymore due to cost. (speculation)

A v3 Spitfire would be lovely, though i still think in my not so technical eyes, that there is more force being put on the V3 rockers, than with the direct mount design n the v2 overall..

chiefgrooveguru

“i still think in my not so technical eyes, that there is more force being put on the V3 rockers, than with the direct mount design n the v2 overall..”

I think there’s more force being up through the upper seat tube pivot because of the rocker driving the shock – but that pivot is mounted in the big forged section, so ideally placed for big loads. And the rocker driving the shock should mean the shock is isolated from side loads, so better shock life. I think KS2 is a better design for modern trunnion mount shocks with bearings, whilst the original KS-link was better for shocks with bushings.

GavinB

my crash replacement came with a Monach, which frankly is a pile of pooh, so the CC went back on.. Probably not supplying them anymore due to cost. (speculation)

I played around with the Monarch for a few months, trying different pressures and bands, before buying a CC Coil Inline, now running a CC Coil CS, which is amaze-balls!

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve got a Cane Creek IL coil climb switch on my V2 Spitfire.

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Well…. I’ve been holding off posting until i’d ridden int a few times…I did place my order blind, and how I’ve been rewarded!

https://ibb.co/qgcGHWm” https://ibb.co/Nxx0Xkk”

What a machine!

Stability/fun balance bang on. At home on anything from AM to bike park and somehow not over or under-biked anywhere

Descending well is a given on a big 29er with this geo, but it also Climbs well, which it shouldn’t being metal and with coils front and rear. I haven’t weighed it, but with coils and proper tyres I doubt its light. Its fun everywhere, flat, jumps not just big steep stuff.

Honourable mention for the new XT 12 speed which is unbelievable.

Bigmantrials

Unfortunately your links aren’t working. Love the look of the new Titan, Banshee have really done a great job on them!

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

88-D821-BC-6721-4-F7-F-8-F16-BC9334241491
    0-A37322-E-F346-4859-9-F10-E9-B3-A5-AC92-C4

scruff
    Free Member

Nice. Where did you get it from?

joebristol

They look very nice, but they’re expensive for an alloy frame aren’t they? I think Banshee is meant to be a boutique sort of brand, but I got a very capable 160mm travel frame with slack geo etc and a fairly active rear end for a lot less than that. In fact for £2300 it came with DT Swiss wheels / gx 11 speed drivetrain / guide brakes / a Yari /
    Maxxis 3c tyres / Raceface finishing kit etc.

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Imported it from dirt merchant cycles in the US. All told it worked out under £1700 for frame, headset dropouts which I really don’t think is bad for a new product with no discount etc…. The UK importer my have got itself sodted by now but I didn’t want to miss a raw frame from the first batch.

Price wise, Banshee maintain that they would use carbon if it was better, it certainly isn’t your average alu frame. My last 4 bikes were high end carbon and I’m certainly not missing them!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That is so bang on trend it hurts!  Love it!

Gold spring required mind

pigyn
    Free Member

Looks sick! Just to double check, was that price without a shock?

I should be about to get a large raw for stock in the UK, but only if we can be competitive on it 👍

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

I agree on the gold spring – just want to get my spring rate right with what I have first 🙂

I’ve had the Öhlins shock for a while so know thats great… The rxf 36 evo forks at £750 (fully custom tuned by j-tech included) are an absolute steal – i know they had some issues when new so Meaningful reviews are limited, but with the issues sorted (Thats what the evo means) they are magic. My last fork was a Lyric with an andreani piston and push acs3 – this is better.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s really nice. I commented on the pinkbike artivcle that I was considering one of these. Very interested how it goes long term

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

No shock as I already had the ohlins to retune and put in… think it was £1900 with a fox X2 probably would have got a bit off that If I’d asked.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New Banshee Rune & Titan’ is closed to new replies.