Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New backpack for commuting…
  • mikey74
    Free Member

… for both running and cycling.

I need to carry a change of clothes, a lunchbox (750ml box). One or two days a week I also need to use it to carry Uni stuff, such as lecture materials etc.

I’ve been looking at the Omm stuff, which seems to get decent reviews. I looked at a Lowe Alpine one in Millets today, but it seemed really flimsy and might break at any given opportunity.

In terms of size: I’m thinking 15-20L, although the former may be on the small size.

Recommendations?

imn

Osprey Talon 18 or 22? Light but still good quality, and comfortable.

tthew

Osprey packs are great. Saw a Henty Tube backpack or courier bag type at the cycle show last week which I liked the look at. This link to an American seller as my work internet doesn’t like the Henty website for some reason.

matttromans
    Free Member

+ 1 for Osprey, great packs, and great customer service.

JAG

I’ve got the Osprey Raptor 14 with a 3 litre hydration pack.

Not really what you want but I’d buy another Osprey pack. The quality is good and the design is well thought out as well as practical and good looking.

YMMV 8) 😆

SaxonRider

I bought a Timberland bag from TK Maxx for £16 a couple of years ago now. I ride with it every day, and it’s still going strong. I carry about the same amount of stuff that you describe.

If you’re anywhere near Cardiff, they still have the exact model.

Travis

you’ll need two.
    A running one and a cycling one.
    The running one is designed and comfortable to run in, but when you cycle, will be too far up your back and bang your head.

The cycle one will be great for cycling.
    But will be to low for running.

It’s all gear. n+1 and all that stuff.
    Man Up, let you inner woman be free. Buy 2.

TPTcruiser

Proviz as the dark encroaches at either end of the day.

will
    Free Member

Alpkit Gourdon.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Get a pannier rack for the bike and rucksack for running.

mikey74
    Free Member

I hate panniers and none of my bikes will take them.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Have you used them? Shame your bike wont take them. Make commuting a hell of a lot more comfortable.

egb81
    Free Member

I have a Vaude Splash 20+5 and it’s great. Loads of adjust-ability, comfortable, practical pockets, well designed. I haven’t run in it but I’ve hiked a fair bit with it without problems.

pcosmic
    Free Member

love my burton prism..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New backpack for commuting…’ is closed to new replies.