Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Alpkit Tent
  • irc

Interesting new budget tent from Alpkit. £125 for a double skin freestanding tent. 1.2kg without the footprint. Or use it with the footprint and no inner to get another 1/2 Kg or so off the weight. Looking at the dimensions it would be fairly comfortable for most people. At 6ft2 my head and feet would be against the inner at both ends once the slope of the walls comes into play though it would be fine outside midge season using the footprint and flysheet options.

Soloist

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Like to know if those proprietary pole-connectors are attached or free-range!

On the whole it looks really useful at a decent price. Look fwd to reviews.

bikesandboats
    Free Member

I’ve ordered one and it should get here tomorrow, I’ll let you know what I think of it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    damascus
    Free Member

I think they look great too but at 6ft3 I struggle to find a decent lightweight tent. Looking forward to the feedback too. Thanks

montgomery
    Free Member

Don’t think I’d be cooking in that porch, not without pulling back the inner to make room.

sweepy
    Free Member

It’s too short, and only what, 100g lighter than the Ordos.

irc

Half the price of the Ordos though. But I agree for anyone much taller than average the length is the fatal flaw. 20cm longer and I,d buy one.

CraigW
    Free Member

And less than 1/2 the price of the Ordos.

I’m tempted to buy one. I’ve got an Alpkit Tetri which is nice, quite spacious and sturdy, though rather heavy for carrying anywhere. A lighter weight option would be good.

matt_outandabout

I’m smugly still using my (flawed yet workable) Alpkit Delta – £55 and 900g…
    It’s about had it now, I’ve pulled a zip and the floor keeps having splits in it….

bikesandboats
    Free Member

Tent was delivered today, I put it up in my living room so not really a good test but I like it so far.

The pole connectors are joined onto the end of one pole and attached with elastic to the others so all the poles are connected together.

Seems roomy enough, I’m a hair under 6ft and wouldn’t want to be much taller but there is some room.

Porch isn’t big, enough for shoes and a small bag, probably not enough to cook in with the door closed unless you want the door to get hot.

I’ll get it outside for a proper test soon and do a better review

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Alpkit Tent’ is closed to new replies.