• This topic has 39 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by paton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • New Akrigg vid
  • Premier Icon Brake-neck
    Free Member

Sorry if it’s posted already, couldn’t see a thread on it.

E-krigg

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

Doing his riding on an e-bike kind of takes away from the skill he has using sharp spikes of power to do what he does, too easy to presume it’s the motor doing the work and not him when hopping from rock to rock. Still very good but not as impressive as it could have been.

Love the drone catch-and-release shot at the end though, good thinking out of the box.

Premier Icon flange

I respectfully disagree – the weight of that thing and the moves he’s pulling on it are nuts. That reverse wheelie to hop up onto the log was immense. It’s one of those videos where you need to watch it a couple of times to appreciate the smaller technical details (IMO)

Premier Icon ossify
    Free Member

Love the drone catch-and-release shot at the end though, good thinking out of the box.

And the beginning! Helmet cam to drone shot was amazing. Guess the drone must have been fixed to his helmet somehow at the start.
    Some nice dronage in there, also liked the swoop through the tree at about 2 minutes in.

Not so taken with the red spokes though…

Premier Icon flange

If his I9’s are anything like mine, they’ll be due a bearing change after that ride up the river…

Premier Icon Blackflag

GT bikes may now actually become cool once again.

He’s such a stocky powerhouse he makes me tired just watching him. It’s very impressive even if some of the “purity” is lost due to the motor.

Premier Icon mos

Now he’s on GT, it would be cool to see him & Hans Rey hook up & do something.

Premier Icon P20

Always love watching Akrigg. I think the ebike makes it different to his usual stuff, but certainly doesn’t take anything anyway from his skills or style. I agree the edit is slick

Premier Icon sillysilly
    Free Member

Very entertaining. Wouldn’t want to be working in GT warranty returns:

I was just riding it like in your promotional / instructional video… Up a waterfall on my daily commute 😂

His core strength must be off the chart when you look at the weight of that thing + him…

Premier Icon kiwijohn

Forget the purity nonsense, he pushes any bike he rides so much further than anyone else would think possible.
    The motor might help power up that river bed, but you & I still couldn’t do it.

Premier Icon Rich_s
    Free Member

He rides up Post Hill FFS. The commitment level is massive!

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

The opening sequence is up at the top end of Littondale just before you get to Halton Gill, I’ve seen trails bikes playing around in that beck so impressed he rode up it.

Premier Icon martinhutch

The opening sequence is up at the top end of Littondale just before you get to Halton Gill,

Thought I recognised it.

Last section with the panoramic is one of my local spots – also popular with trials bikes. Plus riding up the very steep downhill tracks on Skipton Moor.

Lot of that stuff looks harder on an ebike than a non ebike. He was never short of power to accelerate before, the ebike just lets him sustain the power for example on that riverbed.

Premier Icon mos

Yes, Post Hill, thought i recognised it. Didn’t Yorkshire MBC use to run races there back in the days of John Stevenson?

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Last bit was above Silsden yeah? Looked like the flooded Aire in the background. I think the beck he rode up was in that area as well, quite a lot of beech woods around there.

Premier Icon Rich_s
    Free Member

Yes, Post Hill, thought i recognised it. Didn’t Yorkshire MBC use to run races there back in the days of John Stevenson?

There was at least one event there – probably 91-92? Always thought some nice camera angles could be obtained on the hill itself, never thought it would be riding up it!

I think the stream at 4.30 is also on post hill – below the cobbled banked corner on the run down from the top. As he rides up the stream it changes to somewhere else (flow rate is much greater).

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/post-hill-climb

Premier Icon martinhutch

Last bit was above Silsden yeah?

Just off the side of Sharp Haw, there’s a little cairned summit among the rocks there, I think – you can see Embsay Crag and the view off down flooded Airedale towards Cross Hills as he pans around.

https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=395915&y=454891&z=115&sv=395915,454891&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=570&ax=395915&ay=454891&lm=0

Took me a moment to work it out.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I respectfully disagree – the weight of that thing and the moves he’s pulling on it are nuts

This, absolutely, amazing riding.

I knew the first response on this would be that predictable twaddle.

Premier Icon DickBarton

Good grief, he is good!

Is that a standard ebike? Asking as my experience is that the motor doesn’t stop as quickly as it appears to in the video…so I’ve found a standing start is ok then motor kicks in and pushes you… suspect he is just very handy on the bike but that doesn’t seem to be the case with him.

Proper envious of his skills…

Premier Icon oikeith

And the beginning! Helmet cam to drone shot was amazing. Guess the drone must have been fixed to his helmet somehow at the start.

Pinkbike has some accompanying words from Chris and says the filmer 3d printed a remote release mechanism.

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Love his vids. He rides in places that look like where I ride but does things I can only dream of. All very real and epic skills.

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Ah, been bouldering up there once about ten years ago but couldn’t remember much about it. Paused the video a couple of times and can pick out Embsay Crag plus the felled woods heading towards Gargrave.

The bit around 6:30 is Gorple Stones.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

The best advert for eBikes I have seen. I am not remotely interested in eBikes but seeing some of the climbs he did (especially the rocky stuff at the start) really showed their strengths as he wouldn’t have got up there on a standard MTB (or maybe he would as he is that good but it would have taken him many times longer)

Premier Icon B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Newshot Gill is were the motor trials riders go up Littondale.
    2nd little section is Harden Moor
    Anyone recognise the 3rd bit, looks like he had to deflate the rear tyre to get any grip on the spoil or whatever it is.

The bit around 6:30 is Gorple Stones.

I guessed Widdop just because of the track directly below

Just off the side of Sharp Haw,

Oh yeah, I thought overlooking Skipton somewhere obv from the flood plains

Premier Icon GolfChick
    Free Member

Could see they were schwalbe but crikey what tyres were they that had grip on all the rocks through the river bed! Considering some of the lag in an ebike it was pretty flipping impressive.

Premier Icon gallowayboy

Love it. Blackflag is right though, tires you out watching it!

Premier Icon zerocool

Pretty damn awesome and their e-bike looks better than their normal Force

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

It’s one of those videos where you need to watch it a couple of times to appreciate the smaller technical details (IMO)

This.

So much power so smoothly laid down. Loved the tree wheelie-bonk to turn through teeny gap…

Premier Icon bigjim

great stuff

Premier Icon funkmasterp

My favourite rider by far regardless of what he’s riding. Thanks for posting

Premier Icon LD
    Free Member

I thought that was exstreamly impressive!

Premier Icon brant

Doing his riding on an e-bike kind of takes away from the skill he has using sharp spikes of power to do what he does, too easy to presume it’s the motor doing the work and not him when hopping from rock to rock. Still very good but not as impressive as it could have been.

One of the best ever.

Premier Icon davosaurusrex

Stop picking on reluctantjumper you meanies! I have an ebike and can do all that stuff piece of piss. Well, technically it’s the bike doing it to be honest.

Premier Icon granny_ring

Blinding. Thanks for posting OP.

Premier Icon alpin

Yay Chris Akrigg video!

Ah…. Bollocks; it’s an ebike. Not interested.

So far removed from what riding is… and I say that as someone who has an ebike, albeit an e-cargo bike (eBullitt).

Doesn’t matter what bike Chris rides, it’s going to be impressive, but an ebike isn’t a bike in the sense of being a “bike” (a “bike” for me is a thing used for sport, whereas a bicycle is something used for getting to work, the shops and general pottering about)

Premier Icon seosamh77

reluctantjumper

Are you serious? That was next level skill. 😆

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool story alpin.

Premier Icon Mugboo

Surely it requires way more skill on the triallsy moves while timing the assistance of the motor and manhandling the extra weight…

Agree he is one of my favourite riders, I often go back and watch his previous video’s. If I’m trying to get up something I’m struggling with, I try and imagine the way his legs just seem to power up with ease.
    I lived in Wilsden for a while and I’m riding over that way a lot at the moment so I’ve stood and stared at the gates, stiles and rocks he rides and its mystifying!

First trail I ever built, with help from B.A.Nana is up that way, Chris was pictured in the mag in a full face in the air in a spot that to this day I have no idea where he landed. Everyone else who rides it has their wheels firmly on the ground…

Premier Icon paton
    Free Member

Premier Icon paton
    Free Member

More E bike

with Hans Rey and Rob Warner

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.