Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New adventure sport? You've got to be kidding
  • martinh
    Free Member

BBC feature on the Swinley forest Segway track. New ways for the masses not to exercise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13247021

oldgit
    Free Member

Got puffed out watching it. So would you get more excersice if you walked upstairs to the bog?

Drac

Seen that at the weekend, looked a good way for people to get out and enjoy themselves. Suppose they could all maybe find a sport that makes the feel superior to others though. What would your recommended Martin for someone starting out in smug sports?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldgit
    Free Member

Cycling, but they shouldn’t be allowed tyres until they’ve been at it a year.

Actually the thing about those segways is I bet no one would complain about them on trails and footpaths.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That looks like good fun to me.

convert

Looking at another thread at the top of the STW pile at time of typing, these things BURN DOWN FORESTS – the lunatics! Swinley catches fire as these things get introduced – has to be connected…

Looks fun for all the family – for about 15mins. Actually my dad’s not too well and in need of a wheelchair quite at bit at the moment if he wants to travel more than 30yds – I wonder if he could manage one of those on flater terrain…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IIRC Not allowed on footpaths, bridleways or RUPPS or BOATS – only on private land with the landowners permission so I doubt we will see them spread very far

convert

So I wonder then where “legally” you can take an electic assisted bike then? Maybe the assisted bit is important. Clearly only a total dick would have an issue with someone using one on a bridleway to potter along at normal cycling pace.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

electric assisted bike is different – there is a bit in the rules for them so if they are limited to electric assistance below 14 mph they are treated as a bicycle. However the segway does not fit the rules for this

oldgit
    Free Member

Looking at another thread at the top of the STW pile at time of typing, these things BURN DOWN FORESTS – the lunatics! Swinley catches fire as these things get introduced – has to be connected

I’ve looked, and yes they don’t appear to have ashtrays.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New adventure sport? You've got to be kidding’ is closed to new replies.