Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New 650b frame & 26" Fox fork???
  • stur
    Free Member

Hi Folks. I’m looking to upgrade my frame and with all the 650b hype at the moment i’m considering a 650 frame, as I need some new wheels also. My problem is my budget only stretches this far for the moment, so i’m considering the possibility of running my talas 32’s up front, until I can afford a new set of 650 forks. Is anyone running this kind of set up? What are peoples thoughts? I ride trail centres and cross country/single track.
    PS. I’m not interested in the 26″ vs 650b debate, before anyone gets on their soap box!!
    Cheers.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Check head angle and fork length.

stur
    Free Member

Cheers.. will do.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

if the forks look like they may be a little short for the 650b frame go for chris king headset or another one that does a “tall” crown race. It’ll add 5mm or so to the axle to crown length.

I’ve scene and ridden many 650b conversions but only 26″ frame and forks, I had a go on a carver once that was a 650b frame but I’m pretty sure it was designed round a 26″ fork as no one did 650b forks then.

schmiken

Well, that’s what I do. I run a 120mm Float 32 RL in my 650B hardtail with no issues. Just be aware that if you totally bottom the forks out that the tyre will rub on the crown. Not an issue as far as I’m concerned but something to be aware of.

jonathan
    Free Member

As schmiken says – 650b wheel fits fine in my 100mm floats, but contacts the crown on bottom out. For me this was an issue so I didn’t try it. I was going to experiment with a 656er (errm… or whatever) set up 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New 650b frame & 26" Fox fork???’ is closed to new replies.