Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • NEW 26" wheel Forks???
  • ravingdave

SO I have a SC Heckler (2013) its lovely with a lovely spec, but it needs new forks, as they have failed. the frame is based around an axle to crown of 530mm but most of the latest forks (pike, etc) seem to be a lot longer; and will rake out head angle raise BB and generally ruin handling.

therefore; do I struggle to continue to find the right forks (150mm travel and a2c of 530mm)or do I bit the bullet; sell everything for about £4.50 and then spend a fortune on new shit.

the old forks are no longer made anymore so I cant do a direct replacement; and having had loads of used problems in the past I no longer do used stuff

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Run 160mm on all my old hecklers, 36’s/55’s

Did it feel good at 530mm?

scruff
    Free Member

I have same frame as you, I have 2015 Lyrics (R2D2 solo air straight steerer) with a spacer (only available from Germany cost about £15) putting them at 150mm.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nuke

Get some 650b forks: only 10mm difference between a 26″ Pike & a 650b version of the same length travel…thats what I did with my 26er Remedy: bought some 160 Dual Pos Pikes then dropped them to 150 which made them pretty much bang on the same A2C as the 160 Lyriks 26″ that were on there

wrecker
    Free Member

Fancy some used Fox 36 RC2 kashima? tapered steerer, 20mm axle.
    Used, so some marks on the lowers very light mark on on stantion (upper) but do not lose fluid (can’t feel it with nail).
    Really great forks (before the CTD rubbish) going cheap!
    Mail me if interested (in profile).

Stevet1
    Free Member

Manitou Mattocs come in 26″ and can be lowered to 140mm if necessary by adding spacers.

austy
    Free Member

Have you had a look at x fusion slants says they are 545mm when used at 160mm, so at 150mm should be 535mm close enough for you?

Only trouble is they are tapered headset.

hora
    Free Member

I ran Pikes and Fox 650b’s on my 26’er Santa Cruz Butcher. No problem.

Dont forget some 26 Marocchi’s came up longer a2c and no one died.

I run 26 wheels in a 650b AND 26/650b wheel mix.

No problemo.

andyg1966

26″ 150mm Pikes are 532mm axle to crown Spot on. Source :
    Pikes

I went for 650b ones on my Orange Five though at 542mm to future proof it.

acidchunks

I’ve got a 160mm pike on my 2013 heckler and it’s ****ing awesome.

(i did opt for the DP version though, it gets dropped to 130 for steep climbs)

😀

rossburton
    Free Member

FWIW, I’ll buy your Heckler and knackered forks for a round fiver if you decide to spend all the money on a new bike…

Alpha1653

Is yours a mk 6.1? The last 26″ heckler frame but with a tapered head tube?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘NEW 26" wheel Forks???’ is closed to new replies.