NEW 2014 Lapierre XR929 Large Frame/Bike – Carbon full sus 29er

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale NEW 2014 Lapierre XR929 Large Frame/Bike – Carbon full sus 29er

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • NEW 2014 Lapierre XR929 Large Frame/Bike – Carbon full sus 29er

• This frame was a warranty replacement that I built up but has not been ridden. I am thinking of selling as I won’t be racing as much this year having just had a baby, so could use the money instead. This is the top of the range 2014 frame, and not available to buy separately. The complete bike for this frame is £5900 and Lapierre sold last years frame with an RRP of £2100.

– Very light! Frame weight quoted as 2kg for Large by Lapierre, as a complete bike weighs 22.5lbs with a very sensible spec
    – Tapered headtube
    – 142×12 rear axle
    – Internal cable routing
    – Fox Float CTD Evolution rear shock
    – Electronic suspension or groupset ready – mounting for Shimano Di2 battery and cable ports
    – KCNC bottom bracket with brand new Enduro bearings
    – Headset and seatpost included

Link for geometry etc: http://www.lapierre-bikes.co.uk/mtb-cross-country-xr-29/xr-929

They are great bikes, being so light they climb amazingly well, but with the rear shock open they descend with some serious speed. I put several thousand miles on my 2013 bike before it was replaced, racing XC, marathons and trail centres. I could (and did!) blast down black runs one day and race XC on it the next with no changes in between. The 2013 bikes did suffer with some crack like marks, Lapierre determined these to be stress marks in the clear-coat which wasn’t as flexible as the carbon and hence the 2014 bikes have a matt finish to correct this. I raced my 2013 bike for 8 months with the marks and nothing broke, so Lapierre’s story does have some credit. If any warranty issues did arise, I would assist the buyer as far as possible.

I am looking for £1500 for the frame, but could also take offers on the complete bike (Reba dual air forks, brand new XT brakes, XT clutch mech, XT cranks (double or single NW available), light bicycle carbon wheels on Goldtec hubs (other wheels available), Kinesis strut carbon bars etc.

Email philsherwin at gmail.com for more info

yorkycsl

My 2013 Zesty 914 was matt, looked superb but ….. it failed twice badly in two places, replaced under warranty.
    So did your original frame crack ? minus the clear coat?

I suspect it didn’t crack – it had some hairline marks in the clearcoat, I rode/raced it for 6 months after I noticed them and nothing broke, the frame didn’t go flexy and they didn’t get any worse. I pre-arranged the frame swap with hotlines so my old frame was not inspected before I got the new one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘NEW 2014 Lapierre XR929 Large Frame/Bike – Carbon full sus 29er’ is closed to new replies.