Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New 1×9 chainguide – Opinions please before I buy one.
  • Tetra
    Free Member

Guys,

I'm wanting to try out a 1×9 setup on my lightweight full sus. Ive seen this product (http://www.raidiumchainguide.co.uk) which is a much better-looking option than some of the other gear out there (N-gear, Pauls, E13 XCX etc…) – And it's about all I can afford at the moment which is a plus. Can you let me know your thoughts on this before I start dismantling my bike!

Also, I'd like to know if the instructions are correct (and as reversible as they claim) as I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to bike tinkering.

Thanks

Tetra

Andy-R

It doesn't stop the chain dropping on the outside though – or is the idea that you run a normal bash in the big ring position too?

Seems like doing that would collect too much crap for my liking.

*Edit* should have read the instructions – seems like that's the idea.
    I don't like it much myself.

glynP
    Free Member

use the MRP 1×9 guide £35 I use it and its superb.

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

Or wait for the Superstar one to come into stock: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=362

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

I use the MRP 1x, and it's too fragile. If you drop the chain whilst back pedalling and it gnarls up the cage, it can take massive chucks out. The alloy bolt with a 3mm heads is a joke (rounded from new), etc etc etc.

If I was buying again, I'd have an e13 XCX, or I'd take the hit of the weight with an LG1+.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I have a Paul's its works and looks great.

Tetra
    Free Member

Thanks all, but for looks, weight and price I dont think any of the other gear compares (for me).
    I'd appreciate a second opinion about the fitting instructions too.
    Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New 1×9 chainguide – Opinions please before I buy one.’ is closed to new replies.