Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New 120-140mm trail 29er hardtail
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

As the title suggests, it is my favourite time of the (3) year(ly) (interval) when I have paid my bike off, have equity and the Mrs shines the light of acceptance on a new bike!!!

So I have a Crush and really like it but fancy a new bike. I have convinced and unconvinced myself I need a full suss trail bike instead I am buying the bike I feel I should be actually riding.

So I love my Crush and loved my Scale so thinking a love child of the two would be great.

I have narrowed this down to a Stanton Sherpa with some good kit on it £3k ish, would love a titanium but can not stomach the extra cash.

Is there owt I should be looking at too?

Thanks in advance.

pigyn
    Free Member

A Transition Vanquish while we have stock left? I have some really nice build options at 3k. Carbon, light fast fun and capable.

superstu
    Free Member

Cotic Solarismax?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bird Zero 29? I tested one the other week and loved it. Not at all what I was expecting from a 29er. Lots of fun.

nuke

would love a titanium but can not stomach the extra cash.

Reckon you could do a nice Kingdom Vendetta build with £3k

davros
    shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

140mm forks will be too much for a Sherpa. Run 120mm on mine and it’s superb – very capable downhill with a decent big front tyre, wide bars etc but all day pedalable. Superb all round bike. If you fancy running longer forks try the switch9er – it’s got much longer reach too.

robertpb
    Free Member

Pole Taival comes to mind.

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Stanton Switch9er frame.

I’ll let you know how it goes once it’s built!

FWIW will be running Fox 36’s @ 140mm travel…

widge34
    Free Member

The Sherpa is a superb trail bike. You won’t regret buying one, or as previous comments have said, if you want longer travel, go for the switch9er. Just won Enduro MTB mag bike of the year. So far user reviews are fantastic.

danti

+1 Kingdom Vendetta great bike that makes you leave your full susser in the shed

hatter

18 Bikes? Made in Sheffield by lovely chaps and not that much more than a Stanton.

Currently scraping together the deposit for a No.9… hopefully in a silly colour.

petedee
    Free Member

Chameleon

superstu
    Free Member

Pace RC529 looks good too

fd3chris
    Free Member

I second the chameleon. Easy to get it under 3 grand and mine takes 27.5 plus, 29er plus and with a change of drop outs 29er.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New 120-140mm trail 29er hardtail’ is closed to new replies.