Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • new 10spd rear mech – XTR worth it over XT?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

Running 1×10 and was wondering if the XTR was perceptibly better than a XT (GS). I’m a big fan of XTR shifters and rate them better than XT – just wondering if the same applies to rear mechs.

Also, does anyone know if the shifting of a shadow mech is better/same as a shadow plus. I know about the chain tension/slap stuff but just in terms of shifting precision – are there any difference?

qtip

In my experience, shifters are one of the few components where you can really tell the difference between XT and XTR. For rear mechs I have found very little difference (if any) in terms of function, the main benefit of XTR being the weight saving.

I’ve not got any experience of the shadow plus mechs but I hear that they require a bit more force at the shifter to shift – this could be a good or bad thing depending on your preferences.

Northwind

Shifting accuracy is identical between standard and plus… The lever feel’s fractionally heavier but it’s barely noticable IMO, doesn’t bother me in the slightest- Saint and SLX still have a nice action, XTR shifter has a too-light action IMO.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘new 10spd rear mech – XTR worth it over XT?’ is closed to new replies.