Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Never Stop Playing – Charlie’s Birthday Merch Deal
  • charliedontsurf

At Singletrack we like to do a mega merch deal when we have a staffer birthday. Today I turn 50. Blimey. 50. Fifty. 50. Five O. Hmmm? For many years i …

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

Never Stop Playing – Charlie’s Birthday Merch Deal

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

gazzab1955

50 Not Out, “well played sir”, have a good one Charlie. I have done more “stuff” since I was 50 (now 66) than I did in the previous 25-30 years when the mind was concentrating (for good reasons and in no particular order) on family, work, house, mortgage, kids, money, etc. Still riding a couple of times every week and haven’t got an e-bike (yet! 🙂 ).

oldfart

Gary Biles spookily identical ! Have ridden with that whippersnapper Charlie when he was still a Dorset dude 😎 , unlike Gary I have got an E Bike , first to admit I don’t need one , been an official OAP for a few months now , riding most days , no more than 20 miles mostly and harking back to Charlie’s Dorset days I still brake for cake ✊️
    My 1st overseas trip was for my 40th was a pilgrimage to Marin , thrown myself off of so many iconic mountains around the world since . Overseas trips have been on hold since 2019 🤔 still hopeful I’ve still got some more left fingers crossed 😎

kayak23

Happy Birthday Charlie. 👊

pmurden

Happy birthday dude

igm

I must buy some of that product for the work’s secret Santa.

Those in the know would smirk, the rest would worry.

(White collar engineering office, several cyclists)

PS – happy birthday, I never realised you were younger than me, you always came across as more of a grown up 😉.  Or so similar in age really.

gazzab1955

@charlie @oldfart – I was born and brung up in South London, but moved to Dorset (small village near Dorchester) in 1990, never looked back, luv it here, with the added bonus of great trails on my doorstep 🙂

tmays
    Free Member

I managed to dislocate my shoulder whilst skating (well, trying to) on my last birthday, maybe I’ll join in with the tradition as a middle finger to human fragility. Happy Birthday anyways!

vmgscot

Happy Birthday young’n

brakestoomuch

Couldn’t agree more. Many Happy Returns.

robertajobb

Wise words fella.
    Hope you had a great day.

I’m with you totally that what we lack at this time of our lives (I’m a couple of years older) is time more than anything. A few good folks passing away at a similar age, or a colleague of 25+ years, just 3 days after his retirement, focus the mind somewhat.

One of my mates and I intend to push ourselves into a hole in Kona at 78 and 74 respectively chasing each other down the finishing chute at an Ironman. The only concern is getting over the line before expiring- otherwise it’ll be ‘DNF’ on the gravestone 😖

I defo still too young to play golf. Please shoot me if I ever start.

robertajobb

Wise words fella.
    Hope you had a great day.

I’m with you totally that what we lack at this time of our lives (I’m a couple of years older) is time more than anything. A few good folks passing away at a similar age, or a colleague of 25+ years, just 3 days after his retirement, focus the mind somewhat.

One of my mates and I intend to push ourselves into a hole in Kona at 78 and 74 respectively chasing each other down the finishing chute at an Ironman. The only concern is getting over the line before expiring- otherwise it’ll be ‘DNF’ on the gravestone 😖

I defo still too young to play golf. Please shoot me if I ever start.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.