Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Never mind Kanye West, who's going to Ned's Atomic Dustbin?
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Koko, Camden – July 17th.

Shave the sides of your hair, dig out your PWEI Galaxian Patrol Tour ’92 t-shirt and neglect your personal hygiene for a few days, it’s going to be amazing!

anagallis_arvensis

Kill your television

razorrazoo

Not sure I could get this past the Mrs as it’s our wedding anniversary weekend and she never quite got why I had an undercut.

Wish I could though, Grey Cell Green is still in my all time top 10.

Speaking of PWEI I’d love to see an original line up show, think Clint Mansell has bigger fish to fry these days though.

<heads off to spotify>

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yay!!!

Needs a link… (I’m in there somewhere!)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTfdmQOM-zE[/video]

razorrazoo

Needs a link… (I’m in there somewhere!)

Same here, still remember the scary crowd surges and endless crowd surfing loop.

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you want to feel old…. 22 years ago!!!!

I’d not go see them now, hard learnt lesson is to leave the memories intact.

razorrazoo

Just checked out the line up from that year, there were some great sets;

Neds
    RATM
    Therapy? (Potato Junkie sing along)
    Senseless Things
    Blur (in the MM tent, I remember they absolutely killed it, was never into them before)

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Reading 91-95 had incredible line-ups, only got to go from 94 onwards on account of being 13!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Razorrazoo – I’m sure your wife would be fine with it if you reminded her that it was also the 25th anniversary of KYTV!
    Joint celebration? Okay, it’s a stretch.

mrblobby
    Free Member

93 was indeed a good year. Sunday main stage line up of New Order, Dinosaur Jr, Lemonheads, Breeders. Also Blur, Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Rage, Frank and Walters, and Juliana Hatfield… mmmmm 🙂

92 though… blimey!

razorrazoo

bravohotel8er – Member

Reading 91-95 had incredible line-ups, only got to go from 94 onwards on account of being 13!

Ah ’94 – my great regret was having a whiteout for the majority of the RHCP headline set.

Cypress Hill showed that Hip Hop can fit in at a ‘rock’ festival.

Oh well, it’s all ‘dad rock’ now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Cypress Hill showed that Hip Hop can fit in at a ‘rock’ festival.

’92… Public Enemy.

atlaz
    Free Member

94 T in the Park, Cypress Hill were late and whilst the DJ got set up, RATM did the music for them. Best 20 minutes of the whole weekend

razorrazoo

’92… Public Enemy.

Wasn’t there to pass judgement unfortunately. That Sunday line up would have been all my Grunge dreams come true!

Also check Therapy?’s rise up the bill 92-94.

freeagent
    Free Member

I saw NAD in London back in the early 90’s – brilliant with loads of energy.
    That period in my life was filled with live music – Dinosaur Jr/ Blake babies/Jesus and Mary Chain/Buffalo Tom/Metallica/any other rock band I could get in front off.

Good times – not sure I feel the need to rake it all up again though..

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pumpkins in 92… James in a dress, Billy with hair, and D’arcy looking lovely… what’s not to like 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7I3qF1Ywk[/video]

Hmm I really must get back to work.

DezB
    Free Member

who’s going to Ned’s Atomic Dustbin?

Partly middle aged men who will blabber on about the old days and their Miele appliances instead of listening to the band – the rest made up of “I know all da wurdz” shoutalongers…
    Not for me thanks!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Partly middle aged men who will blabber on about the old days and their Miele appliances

Sounds like this forum.

DezB
    Free Member

Exactly! And who’d want to spend a night with this lot?? 😆

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

DezB Member
    who’s going to Ned’s Atomic Dustbin?

Partly middle aged men who will blabber on about the old days and their Miele appliances instead of listening to the band – the rest made up of “I know all da wurdz” shoutalongers…
    Not for me thanks!

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO

Miele? I wish…Hotpoint here, other than the fridge which being Beko doubles up as a BBQ if the wiring is faulty!

DezB
    Free Member

Save that kind of talk for the gig 😉

brooess
    Free Member

I think Neds made more money from t-shirts than from selling music didn’t they? Bit like James?

razorrazoo

I think Neds made more money from t-shirts than from selling music didn’t they? Bit like James?

Recall I had an ‘Not Sleeping Around’ one. Only now I fully appreciate the irony of this slogan being emblazoned across the chest of a 15 year old with greasy hair and blue DMs.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pretty common for most bands I think, at least back in the day. Remember seeing some documentary about the Police and their US tours, they made vast sums from merchandise sales. After a gig they’d be loading bin bags full of cash into the back of vans and then into their private jet!

brooess
    Free Member

I recall Neds being particularly good quality ones. Unlike my Cardiacs one which lasted one gig and fell apart!
    Got KYTV on Spotify now – better than I remembered it being…

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll hold out for PWEI.

Maybe they’ll do the Royal Festival Hall one day, when they get their long overdue critical reappraisal.

anagallis_arvensis

I was at Reading that year too. Won a free ticket at a Neds gig!!
    Those were the days. Stourbridge was the centre of the Universe and JB’s in Dudley an exotic thrilling nightout!!

Fisbone played that year too. Swim ****
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm0th4zgubw[/video]

vintagewino
    Free Member

I had a longsleeve (natch) Senseless Things tshirt with an original Jamie Hewlett drawing on the back that he did at a signing, wore it till it fell apart and then chucked it. such regret!

Reading 92 was wicked though.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Never mind Kanye West, who's going to Ned's Atomic Dustbin?’ is closed to new replies.