Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Never done a day's work in their lives.
  • docrobster
    Free Member

When Farage said this, there was a chap sat behind him with his face in his hands. This is his cv:

His Medical career.

In 1975 Andriukaitis started his medical internship in Kaunas 3rd Hospital. Following the internship, he was denied the freedom to choose the hospital for residency by security services due to his anti-communist political involvement. He was offered to go to Ignalina, where Andriukaitis spent eight years at Ignalina Central Hospital. He was under continuous pressure from the government, due to his involvement in underground political resistance movement. Whilst in Ignalina, in 1979 he qualified in general surgery at the University of Vilnius; in 1980 he qualified in war surgery at Riga Military Hospital, in 1982 in abdominal surgery and in 1983 in trauma and orthopaedics surgery both at Vilnius University. After being promoted to surgeon (second category) in 1983, and due to demand for cardio-surgeons in Vilnius, Andriukaitis was able to relocate from Ignalina to Vilnius and was appointed cardiac surgeon of Heart Surgery Centre at Republican Clinical hospital in Vilnius, Lithuania. In 1987 he qualified in heart and vascular surgery at Moscow Bakulev Cardiovascular Institute and in the same year he took part in the first heart transplant in history of Lithuania. In 1989 Andriukaitis was appointed cardiovascular surgeon (first category) and became a member of Lithuanian Doctors’ Association (until 1996) and Lithuanian Heart Association. He was also a member of International Doctors’ Association during 1998-2004. Andriukaitis practiced medicine until 1993, when new constitutional laws forbade Members of Parliament to take part in other non-parliamentary activities.

I can’t quite remember what Nige did before spending 17 years trying to when a referendum. I’m sure it was just as impressive though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

They won’t all have CV’s like that.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Commodity Broker I think??

wwaswas

You mean they’re not *all* Lithuanian heart surgeons?

I feel cheated.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Hey OP … you forgot a small fact.

Mr Andriukaitis was born in a Soviet Gulag 😯

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/eu-health-commissioner-explains-farage-facepalm-vytenis-andriukaitis

molgrips
    Free Member

No, but whilst there are career politicians in there (bit insulting calling it not a real job) there are lots of high flyers and ‘normal’ careers too.

RustySpanner

From personal experience, my stereotypical Eastern European colleagues are split between 2/3 incredibly hard working people, a pleasure to work with.
    And 1/3 not.

Split by sex too.
    🙂

I don’t know whether to feel xenophobic, misogynistic or a socially acceptable combination of both.

My mate Conrad’s mum and dad were very nice too.
    Refugees from Poland, if I can claim Godwin’s by proxy?

white101

I read yesterday that Farage’s brokerage company was in liquidation.
    Also saw quoted his salary for being an MEP IIRC £6200 a month which is paid in euro’s so after the currency fluctuation last Friday he actually ended up with a pay rise as such

P-Jay
    Free Member

genesiscore502011 – Member

Commodity Broker I think??

Yeah, public school education, skipped Uni to be a City Boy – how the hell do you turn up at 18 or so clutching your A-Level results and say “I’d like to be a commodity broker please?”

dannyh
    Free Member

Some Poles taking British jobs:

Polish guy reflecting on a day at the office:

Slightly off-topic actually, but I thought it interesting nonetheless.

chrismac

If we are looking for overpaid under worked people then I give you exhibit A the UK Royal Family

mefty
    Free Member

Plenty of east end boys in commodities as well at the time without even A levels – it was hardly confined to public school boys

kimbers

how the hell do you turn up at 18 or so clutching your A-Level results and say “I’d like to be a commodity broker please?”

. Wasnt his dad a city stockbroker already?

doris5000

it’s ironic really because Farage ranks 745th out of 746 MEPs in terms of actually turning up to do the job he’s paid by taxpayers to do.

(The bloke who came 746th apparently spent most of the last year in hospital.)

mefty
    Free Member

His dad left home when he was 5.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Yeah, public school education, skipped Uni to be a City Boy – how the hell do you turn up at 18 or so clutching your A-Level results and say “I’d like to be a commodity broker please?”

Have a look at this chart.

Being a “city boy” between 1980 and 2000 was easy. In a rapidly rising market, in a period of sustained global growth, all they had to do was place their buy orders then watch the money roll in. They didn’t need to be clever or experienced. If you had the “right stuff” of balls and stamina, and a mate in a firm, you were in. Remember “Black Monday” in 1987? You can see it on the chart. TV images of all those traders with their heads in their hands because the markets fell? This was the first time in most traders’ careers they had seen losses. They had been placing huge one-way bets for years, with no downside. It wasn’t difficult to make money.

Now I know Farage was in commodities not equities, but once again, they were simpler times with simpler markets and simpler products.

yunki
    Free Member

His dad left home when he was 5.

Did that coincide with the time the daft little **** started to speak..?
    So no father figure hey…. I wonder where he got his male role models from?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

bl00dy poles, coming over here, fighting our battles and making our racists look stupid

ninfan
    Free Member

You do actually understand the difference between “virtually none of you” and “none of you” 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

We celebrate and acknowledge the Polish contribution to the war effort. After being invaded by Germany they had their own agenda however.

RustySpanner

We airbrushed their contribution out of existence at the time.
    Not invited to participate in the various victory celebrations, bit of an embarrassment etc.

docrobster
    Free Member

and the difference between “virtually none of you” and “none of you

Yep. I get irony as well.
    I also know a small minded xenophobe when I see one.
    Virtually none of ukip are small minded xenophobes.
    (C) Dennis skinner

huws
    Free Member

So I decided to investigate the claim that they were all career politicians by having a look at the London MEPs, for that is where I live. list below.

Jean Lambert
    Teacher 1972-1999

Seb Dance
    Student Union
    Action Aid
    Labour party Advisor

Charles Tunnock
    Consultant psychiatrist 1982(approx.)-1999

Lucy Anderson
    Councillor
    Greater london authority
    National union of teachers

Gerard Batten
    Salesman British telecom 1976-2004

Mary Honeyball
    Charities and local councillor 1978-2000

Syed Kamall
    Business analyst and academic 1989-2005

Claude Moraes
    Lawyer, house of commons researcher and director of NGO 1987-1999

RichPenny
    Free Member

We celebrate and acknowledge the Polish contribution to the war effort. After being invaded by Germany they had their own agenda however.

Yep, since ourselves and France failed to honour the military pact with Poland, their agenda would have been merely to go back home. For most, I understand this was very difficult after the war. Polish losses during WW2 were an order of magnitude greater than those suffered by the UK. Still, I expect they’re grateful for your acknowledgement of their efforts.

docrobster
    Free Member

Ah but that’s not ALL of them. So Farage hasn’t been proved to be a liar.
    Maybe if we all do 10 each we could have it done in the next hour or so.

wwaswas

wrecker
    Free Member

Did that coincide with the time the daft little **** started to speak..?
    So no father figure hey…. I wonder where he got his male role models from?

Classy.

edward2000
    Free Member

Nigel Farage is a stain on the underpants of society

athgray
    Free Member

I thought his demeanour was nothing short of disgusting. Triumphalism personified. Talk about a bad winner. Does not help smooth the waters for an exit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assume you have the exact stats to hand to defend Nigel and we can empirically test his insult/claim?
    Why have you started defending what nigel says?

Classy.

Funny though

footflaps

I thought his demeanour was nothing short of disgusting

Yep, he was shameful and a shame on the character of GB.

chakaping
    Free Member

Not funny that joke about his Dad, no need to mock him anyway. He’s a big enough joke as it is.

km79
    Free Member

Not funny that joke about his Dad

I laughed…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Left school at 18 to become a “city boy”

You called?

100-102 in a 100…. What d’you wanna do?

senorj

I was as embarrassed & ashamed by the Farage speech as I have been by loutish Brits abroad & football hooligans.
    Even a racist cabbie in the barbers today thought he was out of order!

athgray
    Free Member

I thought the dad joke was funny, especially as it’s not really about his dad.

MSP

So on a points system, his education would not be enough to allow him to emigrate, I am sure is ego is such that he thinks it wouldn’t apply to him.

mikey74
    Free Member

Not funny that joke about his Dad

When you court racism just to further your political career and “make your point”, then you are open season, as far as I’m concerned.

I laughed.

Edit:

So on a points system, his education would not be enough to allow him to emigrate, I am sure is ego is such that he thinks it wouldn’t apply to him.

On the other hand, I would imagine his financial status would allow him to emmigrate wherever he wanted.

MSP

On the other hand, I would imagine his financial status would allow him to emmigrate wherever he wanted.

I certainly hope he is the first to suffer in the economic climate his vanity has helped create.

Northwind

MSP – Member

So on a points system, his education would not be enough to allow him to emigrate

Which is ironic, because we’re more used to people suggesting immigration rules that would have prevented their own parents getting in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Never done a day's work in their lives.’ is closed to new replies.