Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Never bought a headset, Help
  • rich-6
    Free Member

One of those headscratching moments, using google and nothings making sense to you 😆

Ive just paid for an 06 SC Heckler which i will need a headset for, My plan is to run it on Pike 454s.

i see that majority of people use Chris King headsets or Hopes, But TBH i dont think i can stretch the £60+ for those, So what im asking is what can i get for around £30-£40 mark which is sealed? As i only get to ride a few times a month if i’m lucky and Ive yet to have a headset go on me

With all this stack height etc its baffled me, Google wasnt much help either

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

FSA XL2- £20 from Winstanleys, all you will ever need.

£20!!

lowey
    markenduro
    Free Member

cane creek s8, can be had for £20 on fleabay, RRP is about £50 and they are pretty good.

tails
    Free Member

My scentiments exactly I’ll never change from FSA 🙂

andygreener

I have a FSA XL2 for sale. Brand new-not used. £17.50 posted if you are interested. Let me know. Cheers

billybob
    Free Member

FSA all the way.

Tiboy

rich, are you planning to fit it yourself? if you’re in bristol I’d happily fit it for you and show you how all at the same time, so you can do it yourself next time.

AdamT

I have fsa xl2s on all my mtbs. I always cut a gap in the crown race for easy fitting. They used to come like this but then there were some patent issues IIRC.

chvck
    Free Member

FSA on all my bikes too!

rich-6
    Free Member

Tiboy, I’d be fitting it myself yes, with the help of some washers & threaded bar in the garage 😆

Take it they need greasing before they get fitted into the frame, Teflon ok?

Tiboy

Yeh that’d do it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Never bought a headset, Help’ is closed to new replies.