Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Neutral Opinion Wanted – Beware Political Content
  • bratty

If anyone has a moment, then have a look at this footage of an incident in Germany last week. Without saying what the background is, from the footage shown, could this be described as an attack on the building, and who is assaulting who?

(dont worry there is nothing graphic about this – it relates to the press and their reporting – I will explain later – i just wondered what a neutral viewer would make of it)

cloudnine
    Free Member

The ladies dog doesn’t like the poster.. the dog owner gets a bit angry and pulls them down.

imnotverygood

Well. If it was my building I wouldn’t be too chuffed at people sticking posters on it. If by attack you imply that physical violence is done to the building then clearly it isn’t that, but I wouldn’t object to it being called an ‘attack’.

rene59
    Free Member

The dog is being assaulted. No idea about the rest of it.

scaredypants

Non-event in physical terms IMO; slightly push/shouty confrontation with both “sides” likely very aware that they were being filmed.

I suspect that the representative of the owner/occupant of the building (if that’s who is wearing the hat – assume so, as they eventually let her in) probably has a right to take down stuff that’s been flyposted and the people doing the posting are trying to obstruct that. If the lass in the hat is a member of the public who disagrees with the content then she has no real right to pull it down and then it’s a simple disagreement over content.

Assume it’s not overtly nazi/denialist stuff or the police’d probably be there and they’d be hiding their faces while doing it. My guess is the posters and “installation art” are right wing and they’re outside a lefty charity/paper/party HQ.

My Summary: low-budget Tommy Robinson style publicity stunt outside The Guardian

Edit – wrote that while trying not to read the poster text; “linksextrem”, so I’m sticking with the above (though I guess it could be promoting extreme left rather than attacking it as I reckon).

bratty

Thanks, as you can probably tell I’m in Germany and saw this one in the news here. Basically, much of the press here can be quite left and have been criticizing fake news for the last 2 years. The guys sticking the posters up are some ‘intellectual/hipster’ conservative 20-somethings who pull similar stunts – generally non violent actions which range between anti-immigration to mildly xenophobic – and who are classed as extreme right here (thus the equivalent of MI5 can tap their calls etc.). Anyway, they pulled this stunt which I’d call quite restrained – they posted pictures of a right wing politician who was assaulted by unknowns youths thought to be extreme left, in a stunt to ask when left wing violence will be reported in the same was as right-wing. Then at least 50% of the media started reporting an attack and a newspaper’s offices being stormed – this is the only footage I have sen of the incident, but nobody has queried its accuracy. But it seems a storm in a tea cup to me and I was really a bit shocked at the reporting. So (sorry to bore you all over this) I thought I’d try running it by a neutral audience just to make sure I was not making light of a serious incident.

bratty

I’ll just add that the right-wing group are a little odd but probably this side of the young conservatives but with more fashionable dress sense.

RustySpanner

Sound pretty far right to me.

The identitarian movement or identitarianism is a European and North American far-right and white nationalist movement

The movement is a part of the counter-jihad movement, with many adherents espousing the white genocide conspiracy theory.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identitarian_movement

bratty

Yeah the Identitarian are quite far right – im leaving a bit of space for the really extreme right here i.e. the real neo-Nazis who still think Hitler was a top bloke.

Poopscoop

I wish we had a more left leaning press over here. Or just plain central. Might have stopped 30 years of The Mail etc prepping the country for Brexit.

bratty

Yeah, the Mail is awful. I’m just worried that if the left press acts in a similar way to papers like the Mail, then they loose credibility. I think before shouting ‘Fake news’ one must be sure what you write is correct.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Neutral Opinion Wanted – Beware Political Content’ is closed to new replies.