Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Netflix vs Apple TV+
  • allanoleary
    Free Member

Which is better? I’ve got Netflix at the moment but am considering subscription to Apple 1 when my iPhone arrives so I’ll get Apple Music, TV+, news and cloud storage for a bundle price of just higher than Netflix. But is Apple TV+ worth it? Is there much on there or is it still in its infancy?

robbo1234biking

I got a 12 month free trial of Apple TV with my iPhone so I would wait and see as you may get similar. I don’t think Apple TV has enough on it to make it better than Netflix. For all mankind is a brilliant series as are a couple of others but no where near the content of Netflix.

GolfChick
    Free Member

It’s definitely not worth it over Netflix. I wouldn’t bother with news either having had it on a trial basis before. Apple music definitely worth it depending on usage and cost, I get it for the student price for example!

allanoleary
    Free Member

The music I am trying to weigh the pros and cons over Spotify which I’ve used for 4 years now. Apple has lossless sound for instance, but the UI and things like discover weekly and recommendations on Spotify are brilliant. If the TV, music, games, news and storage all together is only a couple of quid more than just Netflix I was hoping it would work as a cheaper replacement for Netflix and Spotify. I’d still be keeping Disney+, Amazon Prime and Now TV (entertainment and movies). Oh well, I’ll maybe wait a while before getting rid of Netflix. Will take up iCloud storage in the meantime though.

tuboflard

Apple TV+ has significantly less content on it, so don’t expect to go on like Netflix and browse thousands of programmes. But, what they do have in my opinion is much higher quality output, not just churned out like a lot of the crap on Netflix. So, I’m happy to pay the price for the few shows which are worth it.

Drac

I had Apple+ free for a year it ran out a few months ago. Found barely anything worth watching on it, I’ve probably watched more on Netflix today then the 12 months with Apple.

DrJ

I have both but there’s really not much I watch on Apple TV whereas we’ve been watching quite a bit on Netflix lately.

I tried out Apple Music intending to switch from Spotify but like you I found that I missed the recommendations that Spotify gives so I was either listening to the same old music or to “radio” that I didn’t like much.

clubby

As others have said, some fantastic quality stuff but don’t expect to be able to binge stuff for weeks on end.
    I’ll miss it when my free year ends but not sure I have enough left to watch to justify the cost.
    Release new series a week at a time, so you can’t watch an entire run in a month then cancel again.

chakaping
    Free Member

Tempted to do a short-term subscribe just for this (and Ted Lasso is supposed to be v good too)…

P-Jay
    Free Member

As above, we had a 12 month trial, nothing really grabbed us and it got forgotten about.

TBH Netflix has been off the boil a bit for me recently too. I mostly watch home-made crap on YouTube.

scud
    Free Member

We seem to be paying a small fortune, we pay for Sky, Netflix, we get Amazon Prime half price and paid for the year upfront for Disney +

I think we are going to go for Now TV to try and lessen costs, but i have found less and less stuff to watch on Netflix, i seem to mostly watch documentaries on there, Amazon Prime seems to have a lot more content for entertainment and Disney is getting better and better, now they have added Stars, does all add up though!

I find Apple Music really good, if you go onto an artist, it does suggest similar artists? I have been down some great rabbit holes of french trip-hop and the like from Apple from their suggestions.

andrewreay

Anyone care to offer programme / series recommendations for Apple TV?

I’ve got a free three month sub offer, so what should I watch in the free period?

jam-bo

I’ve just started a 3 month trial. watched 2 seasons of See, which was ok and now watching Foundation. might cancel netflix for a while and work through whats on apple tv, was a bit bored of netflix.

timmys

Ted Lasso is brill. At first glance it comes across a bit too saccerine, but is great.

Only other thing I’ve watched was a wildlife series; “Tiny World”. On a decent TV the picture quality was mind boggling. Felt weird watching something not narrated by David Attenborough though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Do both, they are subs, cancel anytime, so sub to one of them, probably apple first, watch everything you want to, then bin the sub and get netflix, then bin the sub, then get amazon….repeat. add or delete subs as you feel necessary.

It’s not something you need to commit to for life.

either that or just get an iptv box.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I think if you’ve already put all the effort into Spotify I wouldn’t switch because you’ll have to put all that effort in again to get apple music to play stuff you like. In its defence you do get a ‘new music’ mix on a Friday, a ‘Get up’ mix on a Monday and a ‘Favourites’ mix on a Wednesday I think it is. I generally just ask siri to play ‘some music’ and it comes out spot on but again I’ve put the time and effort in telling it when somethings rubbish and when I like it.

rone

I enjoyed Mosquito coast. Oh absolutely loved the 3rd Ewan McGregor / Boorman series. Worth entry alone.

Things have been off the boil because of lack of production across the board.

b230ftw
    Free Member

I got it as a trial a while ago when Long Way Up came out and enjoyed that. Haven’t tried it for at least a year, maybe 2 or more, so when I got a free sub for 5 months I thought “great!”.
    However I can’t find a single thing I want to watch on it, might watch long way up again and the beastie boys documentary again but that’s it.
    Very poor in my eyes.

I don’t watch much Netflix but it’s miles better and my wife watches a load on it. We have the 4k version of it within our Sky box and it looks ace.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Apple TV is tripe.

somafunk

On Apple TV Avenue 5 is a good laugh and mark ronson has a good series on music production

pacawadd
    Free Member

Another recommendation for Ted Lasso on Apple TV and also The morning show.

Apple Music you can get your station which plays new artists similar to music which you’ve chosen to play or based on your collection if like me you took hours to upload all your cds to iTunes years ago.

chevychase

It boggles my mind that anyone pays money to apple, ever.

Lots of mugs out there I guess 🙁

Drac

Watch the Beastie Boys documentary then cancel your subscription.

jam-bo

It amuses me that people get so triggered by apple products and services while simultaneously giving their money to Samsung/Google/Amazon/Netflix/Sky/Disney etc.

vinnyeh

I enjoyed For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, Mythic Quest, Beasties.
    At the moment, if you have to pay, it’s probably worth a one-off fiver for a months access if there’s something that takes your fancy.

prettygreenparrot

Netflix>>Apple TV.

I get apple one for the family. It made £ sense. But IRL there isn’t that much on Apple TV despite the award winning shows.

For all mankind is OK. Foundation is dated. Not watched much else that I can remember.

Apple music works. Lossless makes no difference that I can hear.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Netflix vs Apple TV+’ is closed to new replies.