Viewing 40 posts - 2,601 through 2,640 (of 3,895 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • timmys

Anyone watching S2 of the sex + coke fest that is Industry on iPlayer? I have no idea what’s happening most of the time but enjoying it all the same. Tune into the background chatter, it’s brilliant.

Only watched first episode, but yes it’s great. Totally agree on not having a clue what’s going on (a recap of last series would have helped). I also noticed the background stuff this time – don’t recall it being a thing in the first series weirdly. Possibly worth noting it’s available UHD/HDR on iPlayer.

timmys

Anyone tried The Bear on Disney+ that everyone seems to be getting in a froth over?

dyna-ti

Overcoming – In the Danish language section.

” Tomas Gislason’s documentary focuses on Bjarne Biis’s work with the Danish bicycle team Team CSC during preparations for the Tour De France.” (2005)(1h48m)

thols2

Watched Everything Everywhere All at Once on Prime last night.

Bloody mad, absurd, creative, hilarious and emotional at points. Would recommend. Especially if you like hot dogs.

Yep, really good if you like absurdist stuff.

Anyone tried The Bear on Disney+ that everyone seems to be getting in a froth over?

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty solid drama.

2tyred

Not Netflix, but iPlayer (where all the best stuff is most of the time anyway) – Am I Being Unreasonable, written by Daisy May Cooper.

Wasn’t expecting much – we raced through Stuck too quickly and lolled around looking for something else – but this was amazing, the best thing I’ve seen on telly since The End Of The F*cking World (and I loved that).

Really clever but funny too, reminded me of Tales of the Unexpected when it was good, unfolds in it’s own good time. Not what I was expecting at all when Mrs Tyred selected it.

Very highly recommended.

Houns

Bought the Bullet Train on Prime the other day. Daft brain out fun

winston
    Free Member

I know its probably been recommended a zillion times on here already but 2 episodes into S2 of Russian Doll and its immaculate.

richardkennerley

Not exactly what this thread is for, but we watched Jurassic park:dominion last night, it was bloody awful.

plus-one

The old man on Disney plus is very good 👍🏻

sirromj

Had a look at iPlayer the other evening for a series to watch and Industry and The Capture were among the shortlist. Went with The Capture (1st series). Seems quite entertaining… but not just because of Holliday Grainger. Seem to be going for crime drama series. Enjoyed Bosch Legacy recently, looking forward to 2nd half of that.

augustuswindsock

Aftershock – Nepal/ Everest earthquake documentary is well worth a watch on Netflix.

Klunk
    Free Member

The old man on Disney plus is very good

LOL jumps the megalodon in episode 5 utter bobbins

thols2

It is pretty ludicrous, but thrillers generally are. It was entertaining though, good popcorn thriller.

bobodaclown

@plus-one
    Thanks for this recommendation, binged on three episodes last night. Really enjoying it.

StuF

We watched The Father with Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Coleman – really good insight to getting old

desperatebicycle

Tried “Blonde” that Monroe thing and lasted about 20 minutes. Seemed to be either “ooh look what a great actress Marilyn really was” or “ooh look what a great actress Ana is” – like, close-ups of her face acting as hard as she could. Dull.

chakaping
    Free Member

Industry has comfortably maintained the standard of S1, and the sex & coke quotient.

Nice to hear a bit of Spacemen 3’s Big City in one of the bar scenes the other night.

longdog
    Free Member

The old man on Disney plus is very good

How have you seen 4 & 5? Only showing up to 3 here. Is it a VPN thing?

Otherwise I’m enjoying it, but now wondering WTF a megalodon will be doing in it?! An unexpected spoiler that 🤣

Ah re-read! Jumps the… Ok, no megalodon was harmed and no spoiler lol!

cb200
    Free Member

Tried “Blonde” that Monroe thing and lasted about 20 minutes. Seemed to be either “ooh look what a great actress Marilyn really was” or “ooh look what a great actress Ana is” – like, close-ups of her face acting as hard as she could. Dull.

I’m holed up with Covid so persevered, in three sittings. Ana really is good, and I quite liked the dreamlike style. It brought out her fragility, and the chauvinistic nature of Hollywood in quite an uncompromising way. That said, it wasn’t an easy watch and it wouldn’t be on my list of recommendations.

Olly
    Free Member

Not Netflix, but iPlayer

we are half way through “The Capture” on iplayer and its ruddy excellent.

Conversely, we watched “Inside man” which looked good, was acted well, but the plot was diabolical. only persisted with it because we are completionists.

We watched The Father with Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Coleman – really good insight to getting old

Didnt know that was on NF. Defo look that up, it looks good.

DrJ

we watched “Inside man” which looked good, was acted well, but the plot was diabolical

Glad to see it’s not just me that thought that!!

Some better stuff: Crossfire, on BBC (terrorism drama with Keeley Hawes), and Karen Pirie on ITV (police drama based on Val McDermid book set in St Andrews).

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

I’m enjoying pantheon animated series.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I know its probably been recommended a zillion times on here already but 2 episodes into S2 of Russian Doll and its immaculate.

I’ve just finished this! belatedly. It was really good but Im afraid I did my usual thing of losing concentration, looking at my phone a bit too much, and had to immediately after finishing go on a youtube explainer video to get my head round the plot workings

Natasha lyonne is stupendous certainly in series 1, a bit more of a caricature of herself in series 2 I thought?

Some good musical choices – Bauhaus, Love

if you think you’ve seen her somewhere before she was in American Pie

timmys

if you think you’ve seen her somewhere before she was in American Pie

That comment suggests you haven’t watched Orange is the New Black. That would be a hard Netflix recommendation right there.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Crossfire is bloody terrible. Avoid.

Up to episode 3 on old man and enjoying so far.

Started watching red election on Disney+ last night. It’s a bit patchy.

Capture series 2 is not bad.

thols2

That comment suggests you haven’t watched Orange is the New Black. That would be a hard Netflix recommendation right there.

Yeah, I didn’t watch this until after it had wrapped up, excellent drama, great cast.

toby1

Inside man, last episode felt like a lead into series 2, lots of unanswered questions and expected more twists!

chakaping
    Free Member

Natasha lyonne is stupendous certainly in series 1, a bit more of a caricature of herself in series 2 I thought?

Yeah, I just drifted away from watching S2. It started with some promise but then unravelled too far and I just CBA with it.

chrispoffer

Attention all those watching Inside Man – you do need to keep the telly on after the final credits. Like it’s a Marvel thing or something. But yes, it sets up well for a series 2.

misteralz
    Free Member

Russian Doll series 2 felt like After Life series 3. Entirely unnecessary and trying too hard to get the C-word into Every. Single. Episode. Gave up quite quickly…

cinnamon_girl

Existing thread for the poor/TV license refuseniks, shall be updating it soon.

Recommend a good drama series on iPlayer/All4

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Watched the first two episodes, wasn’t mad keen after the first but have came round a bit after the second. Its very American, will stick with it though.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Finished watching The Bear last night, ended up being very good. Quite convincing performances all round.

nicko74

Anyone else been watching Rick and Morty on Channel 4? The first 4 series are on Netflix I think.
    We also started watching Trom – basically like Shetland but in the Faroes. It makes me want to go there, but also makes me appreciate that there’s not much to do once I’m actually there…

BoardinBob

The Bear is fantastic. First episode is Uncut Gems level of tension. Gets mellower. Felt like an Adam McKay show.

gordimhor

The Last Vermeer on Netflix. A good thriller. The premise is a bit doubtful.Set in the aftermath of WW2 involves works by Vermeer bought by Nazis. Good performances and absolutely beautifully filmed with great sets and not cgi. All praise to the camera man, lighting crew, set designers and construction all those whose names are a long way down in the credits

ta11pau1

The Peripheral on Amazon prime is really good, same people who made Westworld so you just know there’s gonna be some awesome twists/timeline jumps in it.

richwales

The Stranger on Netflix – very good Australian crime thriller.

longdog
    Free Member

Barbarians on NF is ace. Just finished S2 which had a fantastic finale. Hoe it’s not too long before S3

I’m surprised I’m not really seeing any recommendations for it, maybe because it’s subtitled?

edhornby

Lillyhammer is dropping off netflix, dunno why I haven’t watched it but started last night and seems good

Viewing 40 posts - 2,601 through 2,640 (of 3,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.