Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 3,913 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • ta11pau1

Dayshift.
    Bloody silly but some epic vampire slaying

And Snoop Dogg 😂

Watching this at the moment, didn’t have particularly high expectations – it’s really quite good in a “remove your brain and enjoy the mindless violence” type way.

And Snoop Dogg with a frickin minigun 🤣🤣

fossy

Samaritan on Prime. Pretty good and watchable.

mattyfez

Ice road was a good solid action romp.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3758814/

Think its on prime though not Netflix

fooman

Samaritan on Prime. Pretty good and watchable.

A bit like Unbreakable but with more action, I thought it was a solid entertaining film too.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We’re 4 episodes into Mo and looking forward to the next episode(s) tonight. It’s a bit like a funnier Breaking Bad but it’s quite hard to categorise.

Coyote
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned “Love, Death, and Robots” on Netflix? Animated shorts on the themes in the title. Some are a bit meh, but some are pretty awesome.

Saw “Taboo” mentioned earlier. Excellent series and very compelling.

Dark is something I’ve watched the first series of, thought WTF and started again.

thols2

Ice road was a good solid action romp.

If you’re into Liam Neeson smiting baddies, Cold Pursuit is what you want. Kind like John Wick but with lots of ice and snow and no distracting sub-plots to confuse things. Just Liam offing baddies, no distractions.

somafunk

“I Came By” is worth a watch,

I Came By on IDMB

Cougar

Has anyone mentioned “Love, Death, and Robots” on Netflix? Animated shorts on the themes in the title. Some are a bit meh, but some are pretty awesome.

You mean you haven’t read the previous 63 pages? 😁

I flagged it ages ago, it’s superb. There are a couple of duffers in there but it doesn’t matter when there’s another one along in ten minutes.

mattyfez

The Johnny cash /nixon documentary is quite interesting, I forget what it’s called but you should find it with a search easily enough,if you’re into that kinda thing.

Cougar

This might be fun.

Fat-boy-fat

Troppo on freevee is pretty good. Nothing remarkable, but solid.

desperatebicycle

“I Came By” is worth a watch

Funny, I read a rave review of it. Said there were hidden depths to it, that only come out if you stick with it, or something. I found it bloody hard to stick with something with such wooden acting and a terribly “try-hard” script! Might have to give it another try.

thecaptain
    Free Member

“Breaking Bad” is quite good fun, though aspects of it seem a bit unrealistic to me. Has anyone else watched it?

🙂

ta11pau1

“Breaking Bad” is quite good fun, though aspects of it seem a bit unrealistic to me. Has anyone else watched it?

Lol.

Anyway… The first 3 episodes of Andor are out today on Disney+

Blackflag
    Free Member

Thumbs up from me for The Sandman. Mostly because i have the books and found the retelling to be really in keeping with the original tone. Mrs Blackflag found it a bit childlike, which i suppose it is, along with a lot of Neil Gaiman stuff it’s very “Enid Blyton listening to Bauhaus”

misteralz
    Free Member

Intrigued by Sandman, as I’m a big fan of Gaiman’s darker stuff. I’m just worried it’s going to be like Lucifer. Heavy-handedly soft, if you know what I mean?

mahalo

Have watched some quality stuff lately, none of it on NF 😀

From.
    Binged 6 episodes of Bad Sisters before realising there are in fact 10 episodes that come out weekly and we’ve just caught up! wounded – coz its ace!
    the film Black Phone was good.
    House of Dragon obvs, also ongoing
    Severence
    Bobs Burgers Movie! and then bunch of bobs burgers episodes
    Elvis movie!
    Welcome to Wrexham!
    New series of Atlanta
    Yellowjackets
    now started ‘Only murders in the building’ with Steve Martin

richardkennerley

Doesn’t appear to have been a recent recommendation for Brassic. Series 4 on Sky now. Daft, good fun, filmed in some recognisable locations.

mahalo

Dunno what it is about Brassic, it ticks all my boxes but i just cant get on with it.. always find myself reaching for my phone which is always a sure sign im not engaged..?

thols2

If we’re not limited to Netflix, The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey is excellent if you want to see Samuel L. Jackson doing the Prestige Drama thing playing an old man suffering from dementia who gets an experimental treatment that temporarily restores his memory.

andy5390

The Old Man (Disney+ I think) is a good CIA romp

pondo

10 – Full Member

I’m a couple of episodes in of The Terminal List. It’s not blowing me away. Does it improve?
    Posted 2 months ago

Just came to ask the very same.

roger_mellie

Anyway… The first 3 episodes of Andor are out today on Disney+

Oh balls just realised I’ve missed the first month for £1.99 offer from Disney. Was going to bosh through Andor and then cancel 🤦‍♂️

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Movie wise, The Guard on Netflix is a good watch and pretty funny.

desperatebicycle

Any fans of weird cartoons… All4 has, as part of the Adult Swim stuff, Smiling Friends.
    When I say weird, I mean weird

longdog
    Free Member

Been quite enjoying Mo on NF as I lounge on the sofa this afty feeling sorry for myself.

kilo

Just started on Kleo on Netflix. Ex Stasi trying to find out who set her up in GDR. Pretty good so far, bit off beat, shades of Killing Eve

pk13

Probably been already done but Woodstock on Netflix is good for all the wrong reasons

Houns

Any fans of weird cartoons… All4 has, as part of the Adult Swim stuff, Smiling Friends.
    When I say weird, I mean weird

I’ve just happened upon Don’t hug me I’m scared on All4, got a weird vibe to it too

desperatebicycle

Just started on Kleo on Netflix

KNow what bugs me? Subtitles! Why can’t they have translation subtitles and different ones for the deaf!? Subtitles that describe every background sound or the soundtrack music still playing… just make things unwatchable for me!

Mugboo

I’m enjoying ‘How I changed my mind’ on Netflix but I also love the Drug Science podcast so its clearly my kind of thing.

And on DVD we are watching Utopia on All4 which has us gripped but is toe curlingly violent.

cb200
    Free Member

A friend recommended Mr Inbetween (Disney plus)

We’re really enjoying it. The central character is a crook/hit man who balances parenthood/dating/brother with MND with his violent nature and livlihood.

it’s understated and darkly funny with great performances.

Nice little half hour episodes too.

fasthaggis

Some excellent characters in Utopia,great series.
    Where is Jessica Hyde? 😆

funkmasterp

I’ve just happened upon Don’t hug me I’m scared on All4, got a weird vibe to it too

The original shorts on YouTube are really good/scary/funny too

cb200
    Free Member

A colleague is raving about Queen of the South. Best thing ever. Ozark on cocaine.

I watched episode one last night and was a bit disappointed – first by the fact that Mexicans in Mexico are all speaking English to eachother, but also the clumsy fast pace with many clichés.

Does it get better?

cb200
    Free Member

Maybe I can get over the speaking English thing – I did quite quickly for Chernobyl

andy5390

Maybe I can get over the speaking English thing

If you can’t there’s always the Spanish (original?) version

La Reina del Sur

Kamakazie

Sprung on Freevee – Easy going, warm hearted comedy

Cougar

Utopia was ace.

Anyone seen the US remake?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 3,913 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.