Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 2,594 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • funkmasterp

What channel/service is We Own The City on please?

richwales

We own this city looks like it’s sky (Atlantic??) in June

fasthaggis

Outer Range – entertaining but lots of why would you do that, that’s just stupid scenes. It’s one of those where I wonder if they even know where the show is going out there just making it up as they go along, or they do know where they’re going but it’ll get cancelled before we ever find out.

Yup,gave a few episodes a spin then had the feeling I was being ambushed by a reboot of LOST 🙂

gwaelod
    Free Member

Been watching Babylon Berlin on Sky Atlantic…set in the Weimar Republic.. Very enjoyable if a bit complicated with lots of characters and threads..

I’m on series 2 of 3 at moment but apparently there’s a 4th series coming soon

andy5390

Is it just me, or has the new Bosch only got 4 episodes available?

My Prime was showing Ep.1-4 available from 6th May, Ep. 5 on 20th May, Ep. 7-10 on 6th May. No Ep.6 🥴

malv173

I’d be surprised if it’s not been mentioned, but I’m two episodes from the end of Mr Robot. It’s really, really good. One of the best things I’ve watched in a while. I think I’ve enjoyed it more than Better Call Saul. BD Wong is absolutely magnificent in it, and deserved way more screen time. I’m quite sad that there aren’t going to be more series.

richardkennerley

Just seen a trailer for das boot series 3. Can’t really remember what happened at the end it the last series, but don’t think I was expecting another one.

Secure series of Russian doll was good, even more bonkers than the first.

Just started on the staircase, should be good but I feel it would be better watching the dreams first before the documentary which we’ve already seen.

Whatched the trailer for house of the dragon as well. I’ll watch it I’m sure, but all I could think was it looks bloody dark. I know they only had candles in the olden days, but this is a made up olden days, they could pretend that candles were brighter!

mrsheen
    Free Member

Not Netflix (apologies) – I’ve been enjoying SKY Comedy’s BARRY. Dark comedy about a depressed hitman.

thols2
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if it’s not been mentioned, but I’m two episodes from the end of Mr Robot.

It finished before there was a pandemic.

batfink

Slow horses: excellent, really enjoyed it.

Gary Oldman was brilliant….. he was playing George Smiley’s younger, smellier, swearier brother. Loved it.

thols2
    Free Member

Slow horses: excellent, really enjoyed it.

Yep.

chakaping
    Free Member

The King of Staten Island is worth a watch on Netflix now.

Best thing I’ve seen from Judd Apatow in years. Just a nice, slow, slacker comedy/drama with a really good cast.

malv173

It finished before there was a pandemic.

Right. Ta. Didn’t fancy trawling through nearly 60 pages of posts.

ta11pau1

I’d be surprised if it’s not been mentioned, but I’m two episodes from the end of Mr Robot. It’s really, really good.

Mr Robot is utterly, utterly brilliant.

Just started watching ‘Severance’ on Apple TV, interesting and quirky with a very dark undertone… Has great ratings.

DrJ

Enjoying “Shining girls” on Apple. No idea what’s happening but good all the same.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

BBC iPlayer has a short series called MOOD – I think I started watching cos mm hot lady! but it was superb. Has a music bit in each episode (R&B/Rap style) which some fogies won’t enjoy 😉 . But the story is great. About said lady trying to make it in the music biz.

Mr Robot: “Your server has a virus, you need to REBOOT before the HACKERS get ahold!!” For some reason, I didn’t find that very thrilling so logged off after 1 episode

thols2
    Free Member

We Own This City on HBO is good if you want to see David Simon make a based on true story corrupt cop drama.

Edit: Based on this case
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/2/16961146/baltimore-gun-trace-task-force-trial

Kryton57

Has anyone watched Taboo with Tom Hardy. I very much enjoyed that, quite dark and grubby.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Watched the series about Bubba Wallace, the only black NASCAR driver. Bit of an eye opener. Not just about the whole racial inequality in a sport born in the deep south, but also about NASCAR itself. I thought they were just driving around in circles with not a lot of skill, but I’ve changed my veiw on that now. It’s like being tailgated at 180mph with the car an inch off your rear bumper.

thols2
    Free Member

I thought they were just driving around in circles with not a lot of skill,

No, those things are ****ing scary. They run at 200 mph in a pack and tend to get airbourne when they get sideways. Also, the tracks aren’t circular they have straights and turns, it’s just that the turns are all in the same direction and are taken at massive speed.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Jeez…. That top clip is terrifying!
    Just to up the fun factor a bit they cover some of the tracks in earth which either turns to mud if it’s wet or dust if it’s dry. Madness. Big respect to the drivers.

flyingpotatoes

Just watched Metal Lords and really enjoyed it.
    It’s about a couple of teens who want to win battle of the bands at their school.
    Some good cameos from Rob Halford and others.
    If you watch it with kids, there’s a bit of swearing in it.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Love swearing, hate heavy metal. It’s probably not for me 😀

flyingpotatoes

🤣 @desperatebicycle
    Watch the trailer then decide

Metal Lords trailer

Rich_s

Netflix recommendations

Use someone else’s account seems to be a relevant suggestion.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Metal lords is great fun. And there’s quite a lot of swearing in it.

Tom morello was responsible for the soundtrack and also has a cameo.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Use someone else’s account seems to be a relevant suggestion.

You are Nadine Dorries and I claim my licence fee back.

jimmy

Mr Robot: “Your server has a virus, you need to REBOOT before the HACKERS get ahold!!” For some reason, I didn’t find that very thrilling so logged off after 1 episode

It stops doing that after the first episode or two and is then more light Fight Club (no fighting) .

Kryton57

Metal Lords

We found that surprisingly good.

caitlin555
    Free Member

Stranger things, Ozark, Umbrella academy, Elite, Snowpiercer.

p7eaven
    Free Member

jackass 4.5 appears to be on a Netflix tonight fwiw!

chakaping
    Free Member

jackass 4.5 appears to be on a Netflix tonight fwiw!

It’s apparently an outtakes thing from the recent Jackass Forever film, which I’m really keen to see. Don’t think that’s on any non-premium streaming yet though.

jimmy

I was curious about watching Breaking Bad again, must be 10 years on sincere watching it first time. Started on S1E1 and am trying not to get hooked…

donks
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but “Oats studios”…..a series of short films based on nightmarish or apocolyptic scenarios by Neill blomkamp was very good.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I don’t know if anybody’s mentioned/recommended the documentaries following autistic people dating?

‘Love on the Spectrum’ Seasons 1 and 2, and ‘Love on the Spectrum US’ Season 1

Entirely joyful/hilarious/dusty. Marathoned. I don’t know if it sounds contrived (it really isn’t) but all the time I spent watching these really made me think about what’s important in life/relationships.

MSP

Love death & robots “night of the mini dead” made me nostalgic for “michael bentine’s potty time”.

dyna-ti

Marco Polo has turned out not bad. Decent size of cast/extras and not all filmed in the one studio. Plenty of authentic locations.

sirromj
    Free Member

New series of Mr Bean 😉

Actually hope it might be OK to watch with the kids 3 and 5.

Caher

Marco Polo has turned out not bad.

Really liked that series but they cut it after the second series, production costs apparently.

If it hasn’t been mentioned already – The Gentlemen. Brilliant film

Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 2,594 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.