• This topic has 2,099 replies, 369 voices, and was last updated 7 hours ago by donks.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,100 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • Premier Icon johnx2
    Free Member

^^^ you’ve got to do subtitles [for Netflix’ very good Undercover]. And Flemish is about as comprehensible as Geordie crossed with deep Brummie anyway (okay so not remotely, hence subtitles) with a fair proportion in English anyway “cut out ze middle man” (literally 🙂 )

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

re. Undercover – I loved the first series but dropped out halfway through the second. Felt it didn’t work so well without one of the key characters (no spoilers).

Did you see the prequel movie Ferry? That’s v good.

Premier Icon johnx2
    Free Member

Did you see the prequel movie Ferry? That’s v good.

Yep. He’s a great character.

Know what you mean about s2 (and you probably dropped out before the line dancing…) Main protagonist becomes a lot more mortal compared to in s1. But we thought it worth staying with it and it does gather momentum. Only seen s3 e1 but it looks v good.

Premier Icon Speeder

Marvelous Mrs Maisel is great – should be a 4th series along by the end of the month.

Netflix wize, we’re rewatching Suits 10 years later and have nearly binged Downton since the start of Christmas having previously decided it wasn’t for us. The move to middle age must have done something to us.

I do need to check out some of these – must make a note about Wayne

Premier Icon MSP

Just watched Eternals on Disney+, dear god that was an awful marvel movie, made pretty much no sense in the marvel universe and even less sense to be happening as part of it.

I didn’t even last 10 mins of the eternals. It was like a hippy drama and dance teacher attempt at a super hero movie.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Another vote for Marvelous Mrs Maisel, really great.

I have Disney+, like a good Marvel, but have no interest in even trying Eternals.

Premier Icon toby1

Marvelous Mrs Maisel is great – should be a 4th series along by the end of the month.

Also of note in the near future for me anyway, The Boys S3, on Amazon, it’s stupid and I love it.
    Dollface S3 (I think in Feb, might have to sign back up to D+ for a bit).

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

After Life hasn’t undergone a radical rework for series 3, you may or may not be pleased to know.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

like a good Marvel

There are some good ones?

😀

Premier Icon Pieface
    Free Member

Cobra Kai is best avoided

Premier Icon revs1972
    Free Member

The new series of Afterlife is about to land on Netflix

Just finished binge watching it.
    Brilliant as always. Anything that can have you grinning, laughing out loud and crying in the same episode gets a thumbs up for writing from me 😀

Premier Icon sadexpunk

really looking forward to starting Afterlife later today.

at the moment we’re binge watching Still Game. how did this pass us by when it first came out? never heard of it until recommendations on here but we love it. currently recommending it to all our friends.

Premier Icon Houns

What Revs said! Still wondering about that very final scene

Premier Icon spursn17
    Free Member

What Revs said! Still wondering about that very final scene

This ⬆️

Maybe a separate thread for this so there’s no spoilers?

Premier Icon kilo

Been binging on Hidden Assets on the iplayer app. RTE & Belgian show, pretty good

Premier Icon tenfoot

Watched Afterlife S3 in one evening. Over too soon.

We’re currently half way through Silent Sea and halfway through Archive 81.

Silent Sea, I’m finding OK, Archive 81 is spookily intriguing. I’m not normally into the supernatural genre, but this has me hooked.

Next stop – Undercover s3

Premier Icon mahalo

New series of After Life is absolutely shite. Milked it for one season too many. Lost all the funny characters (the psychiatrist and the prozzy) and given their airtime to OTT unfunny stupid ones (Brian and James).
    It was enjoyable when in the first series he stops moping about and sees the error of his ways toward the end. Then series 2 starts and he’s back to being miserable. Forgivable once but guess what, same old saccharine nonsense repeated in series 3. Boring. Even saying c**t a lot was boring.

Premier Icon zigzag69
    Free Member

Station Eleven. Set before and after a flu pandemic wipes out civilisation, but it’s not really about how the characters survive though – more about the survival of culture. Don’t think it’s streaming in the UK till early Feb though. Fantastic TV, but don’t expect the Walking Dead, etc.

Premier Icon seankeg
    Free Member

Inside job…. you cannot go wrong with it

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

i’ve a dirty secret. i only started as my wife had it on but…its good! i’m just going to say it.
    Cheer

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

i’ve a dirty secret. i only started as my wife had it on but…its good! i’m just going to say it.
    Cheer

Season 1 was an unexpected first lockdown gem. Season 2 is definitely thrashing around for anything new to say, except for the thing.

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

3 episodes into season 2 and not bored of it yet, but I can see what you’re saying.

Free Member

New series of After Life is absolutely shite

Least you got the name right. Unlike most people 😛

Premier Icon mrsheen
    Free Member

Apologies not Netflix but if you have SKY there’s The Alpinist that follows a solo climber. Plenty of vertigo inducing clips!

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

Apologies not Netflix but if you have SKY there’s The Alpinist that follows a solo climber. Plenty of vertigo inducing clips!

It’s good, isn’t it? Extraordinary climber who likes to do it unseen, just that bit different from the more “commercial” climbers. And yet there’s still all this spectacular footage…

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

3 episodes into season 2 and not bored of it yet, but I can see what you’re saying

It’s still decent enough and Episode 5 is fascinating but then as if by magic any possibility of systemic issues of safeguarding totally vanish. I strongly suspect any other approach would have had the Cheer organisation pull the plug on the whole thing.

I recommend Athlete A on Netflix for an insight into abusive training practices of young gymnasts coupled with safeguarding failures across the sport. I did find it a tough watch though.

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ

Finished watching The Tourist , MrsBeanZ liked it, I thought it a bit meh.

Free Member

Yellowjackets season 1 is over, gonna be a long wait for season 2, well set up by the first one though… Especially the final episode. A series that had everything: – murder! football! sex! lesbians! blackmail! freaky goings on in the forest!… loved it! (Sky Atlantic)

Premier Icon fingerbang
    Free Member

I’ll be starting on the new Ozark tonight, can’t wait

Premier Icon drlex
    Free Member

^ thanks for the reminder. Currently working through Peacemaker, which has a fun vibe, continuing that of “The Suicide Squad” film (no surprise, given the continuity of production).

Free Member

Currently working through Peacemaker

Usually helpful to say which platform you’re watching something on… I presume this is via torrents?

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ

Ozark season 4 👍

Premier Icon big_n_daft
    Free Member

The Fable

Two feature length films/episodes, get the order right, lots of really well observed detail as well as great action and comedy

Premier Icon Cougar

I’m a little late to the party, but I’m two episodes into Squid Game.

I’m utterly hooked so far.

Free Member

Hmm, I tried it (Squid Game), but the terrible over-acting really got on my nerves. As did the dull method of dispatching contestants.

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Ozark season 4 👍

the show where every character is a ****. yay go ****

Premier Icon binners

the show where every character is a ****. yay go ****

You may want to steer well clear of Succession then. 😃

The fact that they’re all absolutely vile human beings is the whole point, surely? Embrace it!

3 episodes into series 4 of Ozark and it’s superb!

Premier Icon Caher

Munich – Edge of War is a pretty good watch.

Premier Icon richardkennerley

C4 recommendation – don’t like the name, but found “Killer Nanny, did she do it?” pretty interesting.

About the Louise Woodward trial. I didn’t pay close attention when it was actually happening, so to hear the detail of the prosecution/defence plus an updated take on the whole theory of shaken baby was interesting and the was some dramatic tension as I couldn’t actually remember the outcome of the trial.

Premier Icon rone
    Free Member

You may want to steer well clear of Succession then. 😃

The fact that they’re all absolutely vile human beings is the whole point, surely? Embrace it!

3 episodes into series 4 of Ozark and it’s superb!

Agreed Succession would be unwatchable if it wasn’t for Tom.

Ozark is full of sympathetically drawn characters that have to do bad things to survive.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.