Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 3,911 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • toby1

Humans on Netflix

It was better on channel 4 😉

Never have I ever on Netflix is better than expected, for a teen high school sitcom type thing.

White Lotus, was meh.
    9 perfect strangers, I am hoping will improve.
    Kevin can f*** himself, because Annie Murphy, is odd, jarring over coloured sitcom vs drained of colour gritty reality. BUT Annie Murphy.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Just watched the ZZ Top documentary ‘That Little ol’ band from Texas’
    Really enjoyed it. Same line up for 50 years. Got quite nostalgic when it got to the ‘Eliminator’ years.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Beckett quite good, a little silly in places but otherwise an interesting one

D*P an insight into Korea, no idea how true to life it is

jam-bo

I made it as far as episode 2 of clickbait

i didn’t get past the first scene.

sirromj

Annie Murphy

Check Russian Doll too then, also odd. may have got a bit ahead of things there, 2nd series might not exist yet!

Wtaching Nine Perfect Strangers, seems alright, managed a couple of episodes a night, and now waiting for the next. Made me chuckle in places.

Watching Tales from the Loop while I wait for the next. Thankfully nothing Marvel/DC about it. One review I read saw it as more old-school sci-fi akin to the Arthur C Clarke era. First two episodes I felt a bit impatient at times with, and I’m not so much a fan of the music, but I’ll stick with it, and the 3rd episode pace picked up a little. Nothing entirely original, but bit of a twist here and there. Another review mentioned Black Mirror, but I suspect this will be more gentle than that.

2tyred

Probably pretty late to the party, but The End Of The F–king World (on Netflix now but think it started on C4) is amazing.

Aesthetically beautiful, sharply funny and clever, great performances and brilliant use of music.

Best thing I’ve seen since I May Destroy You.

Really trying to savour it and not just hammer the whole 2nd series in one go.

desperatebicycle

“Brand New Cherry Flavor” – if you’re a Cronenberg fan you’ll like this. It’s a bit of a mess, but the body horror stuff is cringingly entertaining. (Especially the side birth , if you make it to ep 3! (not a spoiler)). Stars Alita from the Battle Angel film. I pressed the “random selection” button and it’s what Netflix presented me with.

fasthaggis

Beckett quite good, a little silly in places but otherwise an interesting one

It’s a big no from me.
    I agree with Jimmy’s post on other page,it was a fast forwarding waste of time.
    I now avoid almost all of the Netflix top 10 and end up checking with Rotten Tomatoes/IMDb reviews first.

barrysh1tpeas
    Free Member

Fantastic Fungi

timmys

Happy Sex Education Series 3 day everyone!

Houns

Been enjoying the Worricker trilogy on Netflix

woody2000

Liked Brand New Cherry Flavor, didn’t make a whole lot of sense but I like a bit of random every now and then. Catherine Keener is brilliant as Boro. Currently watching Sex Education S3, not enjoying it quite as much as 1&2 but it’s still very watchable 😀

Looking forward to the next series of You (and lost in space, stranger things.. )

grum
    Free Member

Enjoying Sweet Tooth at the mo, though it’s a slightly strange mix between feeling like a kid oriented show with cute animals and being massively dark and grim.

Quite pertinent to our covid times also.

desperatebicycle

The first Netflix Original film, passed me by until this week: “Beasts of No Nation” – what a powerful piece of film making. Been downhill all the way for Netflix Originals since then.

franksinatra

Halfway through watching Worth. It is very good.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I put on squid game to watch while I was on zwift the other day. Ended up binging the rest. The dubbed voice acting is awful. But I really enjoyed it.

DrJ

9 perfect strangers, I am hoping will improve.

Spoiler alert (not really) – it doesn’t. Generally I would be happy watching Nicole Kidman regardless of the script, but this is dire !!

Not on Netflix, but we binged Grey Zone on Ch4. Yes, it’s a formulaic Scandi thriller, with the same cast as usual, but we liked it 🙂

zigzag69
    Free Member

Just wanted to say thanks to whoever recommended ‘Master of None’. Wasn’t convinced after the first episode, but really glad I stuck with it. So much more than just a comedy.

submarined
    Free Member

I’m utterly besotted by Back to Life on iPlayer. I know I’m late to the party, but Daisy Haggard is brilliant at everything she does. The writing is perfect, filming is great, score is spot on, script is fantastic, and the acting is ace. Had me pissing myself one minute and welling up the next. So, so good.

sirromj

Spoiler alert (not really) – it doesn’t. Generally I would be happy watching Nicole Kidman regardless of the script, but this is dire !!

Reviews seemed polarised, I was definitely in the liked it camp.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just wanted to say thanks to whoever recommended ‘Master of None’.

Don’t remember if I recommended it here, but it’s great innit?

Series 2 especially. The scene where he’s in the taxi by himself is amazing (not a spoiler if you don’t know what precedes it).

Sui
    Free Member

A new one on Netflix is Midnight mass. I won’t say too much as it will spoil the plot, but it’s not what you first think.. very enjoyable.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I put on squid game to watch while I was on zwift the other day. Ended up binging the rest. The dubbed voice acting is awful. But I really enjoyed it

Dubbed!!!!!!!!

Shame on you

vondally
    Free Member

Gemini man,….good lord ang lee, what did you make here! Truly awful in all the worst ways. Not even bad great film.

twonks

Agree on Squid Game. It should be dire as it is a bit predictable and the dubbing is weird but, it is one you can’t put down.

Cougar

I just revisited Love, Death + Robots.

Dropped the entire lot in one sitting, went to go to season 2 to find it’d just carried on and I’d watched it all already.

It’s very, very good.

chakaping
    Free Member

Started Squid Game last night, seems good but went to bed just when the premise was revealed.

Came with subtitles for me?

jimmy

Finished sex education 3 last night. Must have been tired, and in a dusty room for the final episode. Guess it’s going to be the last series and that’s a shame, have really enjoyed the characters and stories.

razorrazoo

Not sure that was the last series, lots of loose ends.

chakaping
    Free Member

Narcos – Mexico S3 is on NF now. The final series apparently.

Still one of their best shows IMO.

desperatebicycle

Started “Y: The Last Man” (Disney, but I ain’t got Disney, if you get my drift) the other day -promising from the first one. Not got round to continuing it, but seems bingeable.

thols2

I’m watching Dopesick (a Hulu / Disney+ show). It’s a dramatization of the Perdue Pharma case, where Perdue persuaded the FDA that Oxycontin wasn’t highly addictive. Some parts are obviously dramatizations, but the core legal stuff must have been checked by lawyers to avoid getting sued by the Sackler family. Really, really appalling.

Spoiler:
    Oxycontin is actually really addictive.
    doomanic

Big Mouth on Netflix is childishly hilarious.

toby1

Archer on Netflix is childishly hilarious.

I need to try Big Mouth again, I started, but it wasn’t as Archer as I wanted it to be 🙂

Latest series of You was ace on NF again.

johnners
    Free Member

Athlete A is worth watching if you’re in the mood for a documentary. It’s grim though.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Bad Sport series is also very good so far.

Particularly the mob ice hockey team one and the drug trafficking Indy 500 driver one.

brads
    Free Member

Red Notice
    Nonsense but brilliant, the Rock is a comedy god lol.

Best cameo ever at the end, like ever, utterly brilliant lol.
    Do you know who I am bitch ! Hahaha 🤣

tenfoot

We just recently watched Maid. Follows the ups and downs of a domestic violence victim trying to have a life without her abusive partner.

Some great acting by Margaret Qualley who stars, along with her own mother, Andie MacDowell, playing her screen mom.

Houns

Red Notice was ok, set off as an action thriller but then morphed into some daft ott Indiana Jones (including theme tune) rip off

BadlyWiredDog

If you have GCN+, check out World Tour to Cat 4 in the film section. It’s a two-part series with Team EF DS Tom Southam taking four rank amateurs – very STW – and aiming to turn them into a team functional enough to win the legendary Bekhamsted Cat 4 road race. I watched the first part last night and it’s actually really well made and surprisingly entertaining. I suspect it’ll ring a few STW bells as well – trailer:

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 3,911 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.