• This topic has 3,830 replies, 498 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by ossify.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 3,831 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Watched the Tomorrow War last night, what a load of nonsense 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

I watched Point Break (for the first time) on Prime last night.

Now that is a really enjoyable load of nonsense.

wordnumb
    Free Member

NickC sed> The new episodes of Rick and Morty

are you just catching up with Season 4 or there more since then?

S5 is three episodes in. Channel 4 has them, assuming you’re in the UK.

A very drunk guy I’d never met before told me I had to watch R&M a couple of years ago, made me promise, while I was trying to leave for a Shellac gig. A pretty good evening.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thols2

Watched the first couple of episodes of The White Lotus (HBO). Sort of Fawlty Towers meets Succession, set in a resort in Hawaii. Excellent so far.

revs1972
    Free Member

Just finished season 2 of Breeders on Now/Sky. Can recommend

Will be building the main house set again later this year for season 3 😀

revs1972
    Free Member

Watched Guns Akimbo earlier on prime. Far cry from his Harry Potter days. Was quite entertaining

doomanic

Harry Potter does Deadpool. It was brilliant.

jonnybike
    Free Member

I watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood last night on netflix, not a lot happened was definitely not Pulp Fiction

One of the films where you cant stop watching it because you think something is going to happen and you get to the end and realise nothing happened and you wasted 3 hours of your life

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Agreed, a fun film. Try to find Boss Level. It is like Groundhog Day meets a video game. Best film I’ve seen in a couple of years.

thols2

One of the films where you cant stop watching it because you think something is going to happen and you get to the end and realise nothing happened

I had that that with Marjorie Prime. Spent the whole time waiting for the AI to go rogue, except that it never does. Excellent film, but did not go the way I expected.

johnx2
    Free Member

think I’ve completed Netflix bar the new series of Never Have I Ever. I like a good US highschool drama and no I’m not going to reflect on what this might signify.

Can’t remember if this has come up yet but Belgian campsite (what’s not to like?)-set series Undercover is really good, three series and a prequel film(length not budget) Ferry. Full recommend for a bit of drug crime drama.

Different setting, similar vein on Amazon prime: 4 Blocks. Halfway through series 1 and it’s good.

argee

johnx2
    Free Member
    think I’ve completed Netflix bar the new series of Never Have I Ever. I like a good US highschool drama and no I’m not going to reflect on what this might signify.

argee

Have to be honest, Netflix has become a bit poor over the last year or so, lost the marvel stuff, put money into big movies that were a bit rubbish and even some of the future stuff is based around previous series that were on a downward spiral, not to mention cancelling stuff they put a lot of coverage into.

Hoping they get their act together soon, amazon is my go to just now, as they seem to have a load of decent stuff in their catalogue, especially series like Bosch, The Expanse, The Boys, Man in the High Castle and a few more.

mahalo

not NF but im completely locked and loaded into Succession now after a couple of failed attempts…! cracking stuff.

I love Once Upon a Time in Hollywood! watched it again when it appeared on the flix recently. seen it a few times now and im still not bored of it – if you think nothing happens then you must have fallen asleep.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

High – the tale of the Ibiza drug mules onthe Beeb is very good.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can’t remember if this has come up yet but Belgian campsite (what’s not to like?)-set series Undercover is really good, three series and a prequel film(length not budget) Ferry. Full recommend for a bit of drug crime drama.

I really enjoyed S1 and the prequel movie was great, but gave up on S2.

No spoilers, but the lack of one of the main characters and the change of baddie in S2 just made it a bit dull.

Didn’t know there was a third series. Any good?

johnx2
    Free Member

Didn’t know there was a third series. Any good?

Series 3 is in my head only I’m afraid. I meant S2, which I enjoyed despite graphic scenes of line-dancing, but agree not up to S1. Hard to see where they could go with a third season, but really enjoyed the prequel Ferry.

john123
    Free Member
    trailwagger
    Free Member

Have to be honest, Netflix has become a bit poor over the last year or so

Cant argue with that. Seems they have moved their content to quantity over quality

StuE
    Free Member

Enjoyed Perry Mason on NOW tv, just finished The Americans on Disney+, any recommendations for Spanish language series

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Kingdom, Arkin of the North

More Korean horror,

andrewreay

any recommendations for Spanish language series

Money Heist? Just turn on subtitles and turn off dubbing!

Or Farina (80’s set drug trafficking romp on the Costas)?

Farina

DezB
    Free Member

john123

handmaid tales

or free here https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-handmaids-tale

DezB
    Free Member

Watched one of those hilarious farce things, like After Hours or Date Night – you know where everything goes wrong for someone and it just gets worse and worse throughout the film. Hilarious. This one didn’t star Steve Carell though, but a northern English fella with tattoos. The acting was terrible, they kept stumbling over their words and forgetting things, which made it even funnier. By the end, I was in hysterics. “Sorry We Missed You” it’s called.

chakaping
    Free Member

Recently finished On becoming a god in central Florida.

Very enjoyable, despite a couple of patchy episodes.

Kirsten Dunst has deffo still got it.

Found Once upon a time in Hollywood quite engrossing and surprisingly calm for QT, and it felt shorter than it’s lengthy run time.

Made me think that QT should really do a TV series though, so his tendency to leave everything in wouldn’t matter so much.

DrJ

any recommendations for Spanish language series

Bitter Daisies is quite entertaining. And I watched another one set in Galicia but the title escapes me just now …

Edit – The Mess You Left Behind or some such.

DrJ

Just binged the first 10 episode season of The Break – Belgian thriller – I thought it was quite good despite being completely implausible.

mattyfez

The serpent is very good, 8 part mini series:

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80206099

In the 1970s, merciless killer Charles Sobhraj preys on travelers exploring the “hippie trail” of South Asia. Based on shocking true events.

kimbers

The best ‘stick your dick in a box’ movie Ive seen lately is on Amazon

Its a (very) low budget horror with a few good twists and 90s cronenbergy toward the end

somafunk

Blood Red Sky on Netflix, do yourself a favour and avoid it. Watched the first hr but should’ve turned off after 30mins, the one saving grace is the soundtrack by Dascha Dauenhauer which is dark and menacing, Yay for the soundtrack, Nay for the movie.

rone

Zerozerozero is excellent on nowtv.

Taking a bit of a cue from Traffic but with a modern Sicario/Sopranos touch to it.

Multiple threads, and converging storylines.

Mogwai soundtrack too.

Shocking and violent as you may expect.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Watched one of those hilarious farce things, like After Hours or Date Night – you know where everything goes wrong for someone and it just gets worse and worse throughout the film. Hilarious. This one didn’t star Steve Carell though, but a northern English fella with tattoos. The acting was terrible, they kept stumbling over their words and forgetting things, which made it even funnier. By the end, I was in hysterics. “Sorry We Missed You” it’s called.

Tried to watch this tonight, turned it off after 30minutes it truly is terrible on all levels.

vondally
    Free Member

Ashin of the north, good but too long, if you like Korean horror Sweet Home, brilliant.

DezB
    Free Member

Tried to watch this tonight, turned it off after 30minutes it truly is terrible on all levels.

I can understand that. It does get funnier as it goes along though. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Sky Atlantic 9pm “The White Lotus”. From what I’ve read this is worth a watch

funkmasterp

Have to be honest, Netflix has become a bit poor over the last year or so
    Cant argue with that. Seems they have moved their content to quantity over quality

Completely agree with this and considering cancelling it. Netflix appears to have become the Channel 5 of streaming services. Just so much shite to trawl through in the hope of finding something vaguely entertaining or good.

CheesybeanZ

We’ve been enjoying
    Animal Kingdom, 3 seasons in and now can’t find season 4 ? Anyone know where we can find it ?

johnners
    Free Member

3 seasons in and now can’t find season 4 ?

It’s on Prime US. I guess it’ll turn up in the UK eventually. I don’t know if you can spoof Prime with a VPN, I’ve not tried but you might find it needs a US billing address.

thols2

Sky Atlantic 9pm “The White Lotus”. From what I’ve read this is worth a watch

Yes, it’s kind of Succession visits Fawlty Towers, but Basil Fawlty falls off the wagon and loses his shit. Episodes 3 and 4 were especially good, slowed down a lot for the final two. Apparently renewed for a new season at a different White Lotus hotel.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 3,831 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.