• This topic has 1,580 replies, 175 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1,561 through 1,576 (of 1,576 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • Premier Icon DezB

Anyone watched “Them” on Prime? From the thumbnail thing, I thought it was a horror, but it’s far worse: Based on reality. Hard to enjoy really, but it is worth watching, if you can cope with the knots in your stomach.

Premier Icon jimmy

Liking Mare of Eastwood a lot

Premier Icon vazaha
    Free Member

Russian Doll is a worthy contender for ‘high quality brain out silly comedy’ status.

Parks & Recs is brilliant, and just gets better as it goes on.

I see you mention detectorists, which i would like to nominate as an actual masterpiece, and would highly recommend to anyone who is yet to see it (it’s on iPlayer).

Premier Icon DezB

jimmy
    Liking Mare of Eastwood a lot

That’s the Clint version. Kate Winslet’s is “Mare of Easttown” 😀

Premier Icon Pigface
    Free Member

Wu Assassins is chopsocky nonsense but entertaining

Premier Icon Liftman
    Free Member

Bridget and Eamon on prime
    Comedy set in the 80s, silly fun

Premier Icon mahalo

not the NF but we watched all 5 new episodes of Motherland on the iplayer last night. tonight we will probably do the same again!!

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I may be late to the party, I usually am in terms of telly stuff, but The Terror is fantastic. I usually canny be arsed with the Beebs obsession with period stuff, but this has really got me.

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

I’m three episodes into Mare of Easttown. It’s well made, good cast, but it’s a perfect example of an HBO very serious prestige drama about a conflicted anti-hero. It just feels like everyone involved is trying a bit too hard.

Premier Icon nickc

It just feels like everyone involved is trying a bit too hard.

I watched one ep last night, and was coming here to say the same thing. It has all the elements it needs to make it a popular drama, but it just feels like it’s made from a drop down menu.

Premier Icon DezB

Agree about Mare.. Winslet keeps me watching, cos she’s so good. Normally can’t stand Brits cast in American roles.

THEM on Prime, as I mentioned earlier, is absolutely brilliant.

Premier Icon mahalo

also agree about Mare. when you find yourself looking for excuses not to watch episode 2 you know its probably not for you…

Premier Icon toby1

Disney + but Dollface has been quirky fun and very watchable.

Premier Icon DezB

Also on Prime, starting Friday is “The Underground Railroad” – looks good dammit, I wanted to cancel Prime.

Premier Icon jimmy

That’s the Clint version. Kate Winslet’s is “Mare of Easttown”

I like it so much I, err, oh…..

Haven’t seen much Fargo 4 chat. Looking forward to starting that.

Premier Icon DezB

Haven’t seen much Fargo 4 chat. Looking forward to starting that.

There was a thread when it came out on some other streaming platform (I think that’s what the kids call em) I remember replying, but even google doesnt find the thread.
    Watched it on downloads, but gonna watch on C4 again cos there is a hell of a lot going on.

Viewing 16 posts - 1,561 through 1,576 (of 1,576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.